cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't know how to elevate my credit score? Hoping you can ...

tag
IncrsCredScore
Frequent Contributor

Re: I don't know how to elevate my credit score? Hoping you can ...

Thank you for the vote of confidence.  My NFCU account was closed in good standing.  I never had a late payment or returned checks with them for the several years I was a member.  Keep your fingers crossed for me tomorrow. 

And thank you for the info about DCU.

Message 11 of 19
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Will do, good luck keep us posted!

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 12 of 19
IncrsCredScore
Frequent Contributor

Wow,  Just got my updated credit score and it jumped 27 points.

Message 13 of 19
IncrsCredScore
Frequent Contributor

I am really bummed out.  Called NFCU today and was told they do not reactivate old account so wanted me to open a new account.  The lady told me I did not qualify to open an account with NFCU and could not understand how I ever had an account with them, although she was able to pull up info on my old account.  That was bummer news to me.  Oh well, I will forge ahead.

Message 14 of 19
dabrian
Frequent Contributor

Were you in the military when your account was active?
NFCU Sig Cash-20k/ Amex BCP-19.4k/ Amex Costco-1.2k/Chase Marriott-12k/CSP-13.4k/ Freedom-5.5k/ Discover IT-14k/NCSECU-5k/Walmart-10k/Lowes-25k
Message 15 of 19
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

@IncrsCredScore wrote:

I am really bummed out.  Called NFCU today and was told they do not reactivate old account so wanted me to open a new account.  The lady told me I did not qualify to open an account with NFCU and could not understand how I ever had an account with them, although she was able to pull up info on my old account.  That was bummer news to me.  Oh well, I will forge ahead.

May want to try again. Speak to a manager, they say one a member always a member.. Good luck, we are pulling for you 

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 16 of 19
IncrsCredScore
Frequent Contributor

No I was not a member of the military. 

Message 17 of 19
plasectomy
New Contributor

Hopefully you can goodwill on that last collections account. I've been in your shoes (had around a 540 FICO) and it was extremely satisfying seeing derogatory accounts removed from my reports.

Regarding NFCU, maybe I'm missing something here, but are you saying you don't know how you originally opened your old account? IIRC, until the second half of last year, non-military were eligible for credit products.

Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master.
Message 18 of 19
IncrsCredScore
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for that info about non-military being able to previously join NFCU, ojj; glad to have that niggling question in my mind cleared up..  It would seem to me that I could re-open that account, it was always in good standing.  As previously suggested, I might just call a supervisor or, since I have had so much luck with written paper letters recently, I may just write.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.