Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't know what else to do...

tag
andrea1212
Valued Member

I don't know what else to do...

I just have so many questions. First off, i have got many different scores in the past 2 months. I checked my fico score here, it was a 582, just checked my Transunion a few days ago and it was a 635; i signed up for all 3 credit reports and scores and the scores are now saying; Transunion: 518, experian 503: eq: 576, so different. Also, my score might have went down for experian because i applied for a bank of america secured card and was DENIED. Why? the only thing recent that showed up on my report is a t-mobile from pinnacle collection agency,,  and this bill was from 2008 but i guess bought by another collection agency. All the other stuff i have is a jcpenny charge off and a express clothing store card- paid; i didn't know about PFD back then, and a wsfs checking account; that they slammed me with over draft charges that equaled to 800 that i tried to fight,, but they won't give in. other then that i have about 2000 in medical bills all from 5 years ago or more. I have a car loan from march 2010 for capitol one, no lates or anything. I just need some revolving credit to help me. I thought for sure i would get a approved for the bank of america secured. I did apply for capitol one secured and they said i didn't make enough and that i could write to them and see if they change there mind..? But, i lost the paper and don't know what number to call. I just don't know what to do now? this stuff is tough. I need to try and get rid of those couple charge offs from a couple of years ago. But back to how my credit report is now, why do you think bank of america declined for a secured when the most recent thing in years is the t-mobile bill?  what else can i do from here? i need help... Thank you.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: I don't know what else to do...

@andrea1212 wrote:

I just have so many questions. First off, i have got many different scores in the past 2 months. I checked my fico score here, it was a 582, just checked my Transunion a few days ago and it was a 635; i signed up for all 3 credit reports and scores and the scores are now saying; Transunion: 518, experian 503: eq: 576, so different. Also, my score might have went down for experian because i applied for a bank of america secured card and was DENIED. Why? the only thing recent that showed up on my report is a t-mobile from pinnacle collection agency,,  and this bill was from 2008 but i guess bought by another collection agency. All the other stuff i have is a jcpenny charge off and a express clothing store card- paid; i didn't know about PFD back then, and a wsfs checking account; that they slammed me with over draft charges that equaled to 800 that i tried to fight,, but they won't give in. other then that i have about 2000 in medical bills all from 5 years ago or more. I have a car loan from march 2010 for capitol one, no lates or anything. I just need some revolving credit to help me. I thought for sure i would get a approved for the bank of america secured. I did apply for capitol one secured and they said i didn't make enough and that i could write to them and see if they change there mind..? But, i lost the paper and don't know what number to call. I just don't know what to do now? this stuff is tough. I need to try and get rid of those couple charge offs from a couple of years ago. But back to how my credit report is now, why do you think bank of america declined for a secured when the most recent thing in years is the t-mobile bill?  what else can i do from here? i need help... Thank you.

Bank of America may have turned you down for the same reasons.

How much do you make? 

It is possible with your car loan payments depending on your income it may not be very easy to get even a secured CC. IMO maybe you need to start a banking relationship with a bank you would like to get a secured card with and or a CU that may offer a secured CC. Open a savings or checking account with them or both for about 6 months to a year and then try applying. 

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You can no longer get a true EX FICO score on your own.  Only through a lender or a CU in PA.  The EQ and TU scores you get on this site are FICO scores.  The ones you get from 3rd party sites are their scores, not FICO.  I wouldn't even waste my money on those anymore.

COs and collections hurt your score, paid or not.

Without seeing how things are reporting, it is hard to give firm advise.  If you post of few of the TLs, leaving out personal information, we can help you.

Message 3 of 8
andrea1212
Valued Member

I already bank with bank of america, been with them for 1 year or maybe longer. I make 1100 a month, but bank of america secured card asked household income so added my fiancee and mine which equals to about 34,000 a year. On the bank of america paper it states, after a careful review that included an assesment of your application information, current economic trends, and a copy of your credit reports we have determined that we are unable to approve your request because you have delinquency and a public record or collection accounts appearing on your credit file and you do not have sufficient credit reference with recent payment history <~~ no crap, i only have a auto loan since march of 2010 owing 9,000 and never late. I have no other revolving credit.  they did it through experian as well and said it was a 520 but when my scores were checked 2 months ago it was 582 this credit stuff is so confusing and annoying.

Message 4 of 8
bruiseviolet
Frequent Contributor

The scores you get from visiting each site and getting a credit report are FAKO scores and not FICO scores.  

Message 5 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Lender of last resort: Orchard Bank.  Pulls EQ exclusively AFAIK.  They approved me with massively lackluster credit scores, and at that time a recent public record and one open collection for an unsecured card... and you simply apply there and they will pick what card they think you're worthy of.  I was expecting to get a secured one, so it's probably a good option for others in poor credit positions compared to the larger lenders: such as....

BOFA.  I don't know, I've banked with them for 15+ years, but in general if any bank can be a ^#*&@$$ about something, it's likely to be them unfortunately, though for comparison they did approve me for a secured card, but I've had a substantial income for a while and occassionaly have had loopy high balances in my checking account which they have access to historical data on.

Failing that, look at the forum postings and start reading up on debt-validation, pay-for-delete, and good will letters.  Won't cost you much but time, and even getting a few negatives off your record can be substantially beneficial to your score whereas there's nothing else but time or a higher income which might help you.  The longer you wait, the less those negatives will hurt you, and the more positive that on-time installment loan (your car one) will look.

        
Message 6 of 8
andrea1212
Valued Member

what is the best way to get the real scores!? not all these different numbers

@bruiseviolet wrote:

The scores you get from visiting each site and getting a credit report are FAKO scores and not FICO scores.  

Message 7 of 8
bruiseviolet
Frequent Contributor

Best way to get real scores (adn you can only get 2 of the 3-  which is a crock in my opinion- but that's a different topic LOL) is to use scorewatch or something.  It's available on this site by clicking FICO Scores & Credit Reports.  I think you can order the score individually too-   or use the free trial if you dont want to pay- and cancel before you are charged.

About the only other way to get your FICO is to have it pulled by a LO - (which will drop your score because of the hard inquiry)

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.