cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't know what just happened but I'm SO EXCITED!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know what just happened but I'm SO EXCITED!!

Recap: Need to get my middle score to 620 to be able to use down payment assistance on an FHA loan. I started with a mid score at 555'ish (it was 567 FICO 4, which means it was definitely lower on FICO 8) on May 17. Eek. I've been hovering at 590 mid (EQ) with TU at 580 in FICO 8.

A TON of stuff has come off and FICO 8 isn't moving. It's been super frustrating because this is really big stuff (just got a judgment off, for instance... I think they did an EE since it was set to expire 7/3 anyway) like a judgment, tons of collections deleted, yet the score won't move. The super bad stuff was a ton (like 30) late payments on student loans that have all since been discharged for disability. Basically they were on forebearance, I thought they were still on but they weren't, I moved and got a new phone number during a divorce and then I found out a solid year later and got them back on forebearance but daaaaang the black marks. None of the SL companies would do anything and I gave up hope.

But tonight I pulled a TU credit report just to see if the judgment coming off did anything. No change to FICO 8 but all the other scores moved... including FICO 4 for mortgage lending, which is now a 640!!!! That's the exact same score my mortgage lender pulls. I can't believe it!! I don't know why FICO 8 is so different from FICO 4, and I won't quite believe it until my lender confirms it, but for now I'm going to hope for the best. So far, her pulls have matched the mortgage scores here 100% so fingers crossed this is the case and I can finally get my approval and buy my house before my lease expires in mid-August!!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

Re: I don't know what just happened but I'm SO EXCITED!!

Good luck!
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Recap: Need to get my middle score to 620 to be able to use down payment assistance on an FHA loan. I started with a mid score at 555'ish (it was 567 FICO 4, which means it was definitely lower on FICO 8) on May 17. Eek. I've been hovering at 590 mid (EQ) with TU at 580 in FICO 8.

A TON of stuff has come off and FICO 8 isn't moving. It's been super frustrating because this is really big stuff (just got a judgment off, for instance... I think they did an EE since it was set to expire 7/3 anyway) like a judgment, tons of collections deleted, yet the score won't move. The super bad stuff was a ton (like 30) late payments on student loans that have all since been discharged for disability. Basically they were on forebearance, I thought they were still on but they weren't, I moved and got a new phone number during a divorce and then I found out a solid year later and got them back on forebearance but daaaaang the black marks. None of the SL companies would do anything and I gave up hope.

But tonight I pulled a TU credit report just to see if the judgment coming off did anything. No change to FICO 8 but all the other scores moved... including FICO 4 for mortgage lending, which is now a 640!!!! That's the exact same score my mortgage lender pulls. I can't believe it!! I don't know why FICO 8 is so different from FICO 4, and I won't quite believe it until my lender confirms it, but for now I'm going to hope for the best. So far, her pulls have matched the mortgage scores here 100% so fingers crossed this is the case and I can finally get my approval and buy my house before my lease expires in mid-August!!

Fingers crossed that this is a good sign that you're buying a home this summer!

Message 3 of 12
surferchris
Valued Contributor

Congrats on all of the progress.

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 4 of 12
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Yay this is great news, if you don't mind me asking , we are trying to repair our credit also in hopes for a FHA loan soon, can you give me a brief run down of the qualifications to be eligible for the loan? And how much down payment do they want ? I've never had any experience at all with buying a home so it's over my head so to speak .
Message 5 of 12
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Nice to see, and I hope it works out for you!!!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Luck!

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aduke1122, sure! My lender can approve below 580 with 10% down, 580-619 with 3.5% down, and 620+ with 3.5% down but it can be gifts or grants or down payment assistance. I'm using Caliber Loans and they've been great so far. FHA seems like a good loan for those of us with credit challenges.
Message 8 of 12
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

How do you find a lender , I guess that's the most confusing part of it? Are there only certain lenders that can do the FHA loan , and I was reading about he down payment assistance last night , I had no idea it even exsited , is that what your doing ?
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

My TU FICO 8 score just leapt from 581 to 621! Finally! Maybe that's why FICO 4 was so high. I'll definitely be approved now!
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.