Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't know where to go from here...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know where to go from here...

Hi all,

I filed bankruptcy in 12/2015 and got my discharge in 4/2016. Since then I was able to get another auto loan (WFDS 6/2016) and a credit card from Credit One with a $300 CL (6/2016). I also have a small loan from my credit union ($500) which has been on time since 6/2016. Between August and December I had a decrease in finances and fell behind on my car note and credit card. I've caught up on my car note, and I paid Credit One in full, but I discovered that they closed my card after I made the payment. My credit scores are extremely low (484 EQ 509 TU 522 EX) and I cannot even qualify for a secured card. I'm fully responsible for all of this, but I dont really know where I can go from here as far as rebuilding. Any advice or suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I don't know where to go from here...

Check out Open Sky. They are secured and still sub, but one of the easier ones to qualify for, so it would at least help you build a little positive history. Also, check into a Self Lender loan, again, to offset the baddies...it has helped me a lot so far. Stay on time with your CU loan, talk to them about any other accounts they have that could help you (maybe a CU secured card, since you have a good history with them), and allow some of the negatives to age out. Also, double check your reports for anything disputable. I know it's frustrating, but there are options out there...hope this helps!
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I don't know where to go from here...

Thank you molly76, I'm definitely going to check out Open Sky and look into a Self Lender loan. I appreciate your advice and congrats on the progress you have made!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.