Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't understand Equifax

tag
Infiniti515
Regular Contributor

I don't understand Equifax

I recently had a collection that Equifax  finally removed, that TU and Experian removed weeks ago. I have received alerts via myfico showing significant reduction in utilization with all 3 bureaus as well but my score hasnt gone up a point with Equifax even though my score has gone up with TU due to same factors and Experian too!

my score hasnt changed one point!!! Really EQ

????

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I don't understand Equifax

I have the same issuse with them got my credit card utilization down to only one card reporting 10 percent my Aaoa has improved my payment history has improve and from December to now I've gotten 60 plus points from experian 30 plus from trans Union and nothing from equifax
Message 2 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Message 3 of 6
IncrsCredScore
Frequent Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

There are different triggers for score updates 

http://myfico.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/463/kw/3-bureau%20monitoring/session/L3RpbWUvMTQx...

That is a great chart, gdale.  Never saw it previously.  Thank you so much for posting the link.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax apparently makes it more difficult to obtain a second free report per year for the reasons specified in FCRA as well. I just ordered Experian's over the phone easily, and Transunion I obtained easily as well, but Equifax requires you to submit a request by mail, along with photocopies of IDs, utility bills, etc etc. And they do not allow a free trial or $1 report like the other 2. Seems to be the least consumer friendly of the CRA's.

edit: I take back that last particular gripe about EQ, I was able to download my Equifax fcra-mandated free 2nd annual report when I tried again. I must have answered one of their security questions wrong the first time around.

Although now I have a new gripe, I have a student loan that is 50% paid off (1800 from an original 3500), and Equifax lists it as an installment loan that is 1800/3500 and 61% utilized, which hurts my debt to credit ratio... what? ... I hope lenders are looking only at utilization of revolving accounts, bec this makes no sense, student loans are the second largest debt category in the US, how could they be reporting them as installment loans... someone with 40,000 high balance who just got out of school and has no credit cards could be at 99% debt to credit ratio...

Message 5 of 6
elim
Senior Contributor

EQ basically just bites.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.