Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I feel so stupid....

tag
poooookah78
Established Member

I feel so stupid....

I've been really really dilligent not to let anything go wrong on my credit for a couple of months now.  I raised my FICO from a 585 to a 607 in these two months.  My Equifax pull showed a 629 last week, I was elated!!  Then I realized that I had let my student loans go 60 days, I just rehabbed them and I've actually scheduled them monthly as of Friday to be direct debited from my account.  Well, today I get a notification that my score had dropped.  I hurriedly logged in and see that I've dropped to a 575!!!!!!!!!! 

I feel sooo horrible right now.  Is there any way I can recover?  How long will it take to get back to 607 without any major changes to my report?  It says I'm not even eligible for financing of any kind right now.  I feel like garbage.....

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: I feel so stupid....

Don't beat yourself up.  Mistakes are made all the time.

Call the OC and ask them if there is anything you can do.  Let them know it was not intentional and you have been working very hard on getting your credit cleaned up and somehow this was an oversight.  They may help you.

A 60 day late is a major derogatory and can hurt you for a long time.

Message 2 of 6
poooookah78
Established Member

Thanks for the reply guiness,  I feel even worse though now.  It was with Direct Loans - they're the people who have my student loan.  They said the only way they can delete an entry like that is if I could prove that I was in school during the time the 60 day hit.

How long will this weigh me down terribly?  A year?  More?  I know it stays on my credit for 7 years, but how long will this really stay there?

AM I going to be under 600 forever?!?!!

I really REALLY hate myself right now.

Message 3 of 6
poooookah78
Established Member

Bump - Stupidity

Message 4 of 6
sgs10
Regular Contributor

Mistakes do happen try to talk with somone like supervisor and explain your situation. They r usually good with college kids. Is that account still open or closed?

Message 5 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Some consider a 60 day late a major derogatory that will affect your credit for a long time.  If it is an isolated incident, it may not have a huge impact on your score after 2 years.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.