Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I find myself falling into old bad habits

tag
Glkslngr
Frequent Contributor

Re: I find myself falling into old bad habits

i agree with Tyhollin.... These forums have changed thee way I look at credit cards; I use them as a way to raise my credit score. Charge only enough to show activity, and then pay in full. You don't want the cards with zero balance to report as inactive becuase some credit card companies do not have anything to report to the credit reporting agencies and some close your account after some time of inactivity. You want creditors to report positive activity, such as payments. I only allow one card to carry a small balance. The others I leave at home and I spread out recurring monthly payments, such as Netflix, phone bills, student loans, and utulities. These are all expenses that I have the money to pay anyways, but I let them charge to my credit cards to get rewards points and to show activity. I only carry one credit card in my wallet and that one has the highest reward benefits out of any others that I have. This is the one that I allow to carry a small balance.

Hope this helps.

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.