cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I fought the university and the university won.

tag
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: I fought the university and the university won.

Logged in from work so please forgive my brevity. Before sending that letter, call and have all dispute comments removed.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 15
pghfangirl04
Valued Member

Hi guys.  They are already reporting to all three credit reports.  my issue is that they are reporting it differently on all three of them so their argument about "accurate reporting" goes out the window.  Also, why do I need to get the dispute comments removed?  How do I do that?  Do I call TU, EX and EQ and ask them?  Is that going to make a difference?  Is my email ok to send to the collections manager at the university?  Sorry for all the questions.  Smiley Embarassed

Starting Score: 6/27/2012: TU-543 EQ-501 EX-535(Quizzle)
Current Score: 12/18/12: TU-571 EQ-547 EX-555(PSECU)
Goal Score: 630 by March

Message 12 of 15
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Do you really want someone your asking for goodwill to see "Consumer disputes" (or whatever) upon manual review?! Would you personally make an adjustment after seeing that?

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Message 13 of 15
pghfangirl04
Valued Member

ok well anyway i'm going to send this email then because i guess nothing is wrong with it and nothing needs to be added.  wish me luck!

Starting Score: 6/27/2012: TU-543 EQ-501 EX-535(Quizzle)
Current Score: 12/18/12: TU-571 EQ-547 EX-555(PSECU)
Goal Score: 630 by March

Message 14 of 15
web2886
New Visitor

Hi, I'm really curious as to how this has worked out for you now?  I had the exact same issue with my university (couldn't pay tuition in Aug. 2008, finally paid off in March 2010) and am wondering how on earth I would ask them to remove it from my credit scores since it's severely affecting my ability to fully become an adult.  Did the school finally remove it as a goodwill gesture?  Or did they just tell you to wait until it ages off of your reports?

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.