Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I freaking love Cap 1! CLI today!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I freaking love Cap 1! CLI today!

I was in the credit steps program for capital one. 

I started with the Quicksilver one and Platinum Mastercard.

Today...after my second billing statement, I decided to try requesting an increase in my credit limit...lo and behold...I got a $1000 increase.

I am now at $1500 for my credit limit. So cool!

I asked the agent if my account was still enrolled in the credit steps program, and he said yes. 

So, in another 4 months, I will be receiving an even higher limit! My new credit limit will be $2000 per card in another 4 months.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I freaking love Cap 1! CLI today!

At least 2000 per card,. Quite often the credit steps CLI is more than the amount they say.
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was in the credit steps program for capital one. 

I started with the Quicksilver one and Platinum Mastercard.

Today...after my second billing statement, I decided to try requesting an increase in my credit limit...lo and behold...I got a $1000 increase.

I am now at $1500 for my credit limit. So cool!

I asked the agent if my account was still enrolled in the credit steps program, and he said yes. 

So, in another 4 months, I will be receiving an even higher limit! My new credit limit will be $2000 per card in another 4 months.

Awesome! Got to love Cap1's Credit Steps programSmiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the Credit Steps program??

I got a Cap One Platinum secured card back in Dec. 2015. It was a $49 deposit with a $200 CL.

Last week I got the Cap One QS card with a $500 CL. I was told after 60 days I should ask for a CLI. Is this what credit steps is?

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does CapOne do a hard pull when you ask for a CLI?

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Does CapOne do a hard pull when you ask for a CLI?

No...always soft pull.

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Does CapOne do a hard pull when you ask for a CLI? No, they are all SP's

Credit Stpes is a program for the newer Platinum and QS1 CC's that gives the holder an auto CLI after 6mths good use. The program also includes things like the ability to PC the Plat to a regular Quicksilver MC with $0 AF and 1.5% cash back on all purchases at around the 30day mark with the card, early CLI's at about 60days on both accts (still leaving the auto one available at the 6mth pt.) & being able to combine the QS1 into the QS after both accts hit their 6mth mark.

Are you sure you got the QS or is it the QS1? If you have the QS1 then you should app the Plat too so they can work in concert throughout the STEPS program.

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 has been awesome with CLIs these past few months.  theyve really redone their image I had with them

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.