Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I give up

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I give up

In the last 3 months I have killed myself paying off all but 1 cc and clearing all disputes from my credit report. My score has jumped over 100pts to 640 all in preparation to purchase our dream home that can up for sale. Went Friday and applied for a pre approval and was denied. Said on a " mortgage credit scale". I only had a 617 and I need a640 on that. R u kidding me? What gives? What am I goi to do? Trying again somewhere else tomorrow I guess
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
mmmagique
Regular Contributor

Re: I give up

What exactly do your reports look like? 617 isn't far from 640, so, don't give up now! I'm not sure apping with someone else will help you though, until you bring it up. Good luck to you!

In the garden until May 2022!!
Message 2 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

You're so close.  Don't give up now.    You said you had to clear some disputes, what baddies do you have left?   Have you paid them, did you try to GW them?  

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

All the baddies have been paid in full and closed. We have 1 credit card with 500 on it and our current mortgage and 1 vehicle payment. That is it, happy about that, just wish the score would move quicker. Had a Chase late in August, only time ever for them, wrote a gw letter but was denied. So you think I should wait before applying again? I thought I might have better luck with a different bank
Message 4 of 9
igids1
Regular Contributor

Where are you getting your 640 scores from?

Chase is usually pretty good about goodwill adjustments. That late payment is probably whats keeping you from 640. Being so close. I would definetely goodwill them again, and email their president. Look around this board, lots of people have had good luck with them and GW

Message 5 of 9
scarrollprint
Frequent Contributor

@igids1 wrote:

Where are you getting your 640 scores from?

Chase is usually pretty good about goodwill adjustments. That late payment is probably whats keeping you from 640. Being so close. I would definetely goodwill them again, and email their president. Look around this board, lots of people have had good luck with them and GW

Not recently....

pretty much recently anyone who has tried has gotten denied and gotten the "the info is correct, it stays on" at least from the Executive office.

I've tried about 10 times in the past 6 months with them and keep getting the "info is correct, we're not going to change it...please stop asking".

Current: Eq- 624 Ex - 631 (lender pulled) TU - 661 (lender pulled)
Goal 700+ across all three
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's pretty much what Chase said. I emailed the CEO and everything. The 640 cam freecreditreport.com, I believe it is my experian score.
Message 7 of 9
scarrollprint
Frequent Contributor

Those scores aren't fico .... the reports are accurate however the scores aren't the real deal...

you can get your scores for equifax and TU through myfico experian doesn't sell to consumers at all (you can only get them from a lender when they pull your credit)

Current: Eq- 624 Ex - 631 (lender pulled) TU - 661 (lender pulled)
Goal 700+ across all three
Message 8 of 9
hendersj31
Valued Member

Are you applying for FHA financing?  If so I believe you should shop around for your mortgage if you are in love with the home.  You can get approved for FHA with lower scores.  Of course it depends on your overall situation, but worth a try. 

Edit:

The recent late may be an issue.  Many want no lates in the last 12 months. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.