Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got a judgement against me, help!

tag
amclaughlin42
Regular Contributor

I got a judgement against me, help!

So I recieved a letter regarding a judgement,  I will be sending out 609 letters regarding the validity of negative items on my credit report tomorrow. I have the letters typed and I am getting them notarized tomorrow. How do I go about letting them know? How do I dispute this with attorney or CA?

Cards: CreditOne AMEX - $600, Cap1 QS - $500, Avant-$300, Cap1 WM Store - $300
GOAL - Chase FU - Goal Score 725
07/2021 - Experian 675 Equifax 673 Transunion 688
07/2019 - Experian 623 - Equifax 628 - Transunion 622
04/2019 - Experian 597 - Equifax 610 - Transunion 619
01/2017 - Experian 479 - Equifax 457 - Transunion 461
04/2017 - Experian 502 - Equifax 473 - Transunion 476
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I got a judgement against me, help!

If it’s a credit card that you got a judgment against you for. Sending a “validation” letter will get you a copy of the judgment sent back to you. Not sure that’s the result you’re looking for.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your choices are a) pay the judgement or settle through mediation b) file bankruptcy. Im in a similar boat. I had a default judgement on me from a house I bought in 05 and lost in 08. The company got a default judgement against me and renewed the judgement. Other than that, my credit is pristine. I have a 763 Trans/752 EQ, with 40k in the bank/savings/Sharebuilder, making 108K a year with a balance on only one credit card out of 10 and my attorney reccommends I file bankruptcy to avoid the judgement of 61K left over. He said that once they are successful in obtaining a judgement, youre toast. Either pay, settle, or file bankruptcy, and they dont need to settle as they have a legal judgement agaisnt you for the full amount. I have to make that coice right now. They dont want to settle as they have seen some of my assets. (Corvette, 2nd house) and now have a judgment on my 2nd house to satisfy the first house. I have about 70k in equity in the primary residence/2nd house. Im going to offer all of the equity in the house after a refiniancing or I will have to file bankruptcy with a 763 Trans score and 40k in the bank, and 70k in equity in my house. I just got my Venture approved with a 20K limit and my AMEX Plat approved today. decision decisions.

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

What, exactly, was the content of the "letter regarding a judgment"?

Was it formal notice from the court that judgment was granted, providing the case number, or was it some other form of communication from the owner regarding the process?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.