Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got judgments REMOVED from CR!!

tag
apriestl
Established Member

I got judgments REMOVED from CR!!

I recently disputed judgments with the CRAs.  I had a total of 3 judgments.  It would take a while to explain why these were on my report, but know it was exhausting to work out with the courts and related agencies!

Anyways...these were really holding down my credit.  All three were on Transunion, one on Equifax, and 2 on Experian.

I have now heard back from Transunion and Equifax.  Experian is still pending (and they are always late to respond) so waiting on that.

AWESOME RESULTS SO FAR!!!

Transunion deleted ALL three!

Equifax deleted the one on file!

I just sent a dispute letter, and it was done.  Now assuming Experian has the same result I have cleaned my credit up the best I can Smiley Happy  I have learned to send disputes 4 days apart and dispute the same info with each agency.  Then the favorable results from one end up being the results of the others.  I noted that the other CRAs check the other CRAs and delete the info if the other agencies did.  Transunion is the best at deletions followed by Equifax.  Equifax is the best communicator (they send constant updates on progress).  This has worked for me with favorable results, don't pay an agency for credit repair!

I still have two CA accounts.  One for a medical bill I keep paying on (it was a large bill and they only keep in house for 2 years, it just got too old even though I'm making progress on the balance with 1k left.)  The other for a dental bill (I disputed this with the dentist as they chipped by tooth!  Decided not to pay and got dinged for a $300 collection).  I'm going to attempt PFD with the dental bill.  The only other baddies were a couple late pays last year and GW got denied twice (those suck, I have learned from that).

I wonder if I will be rebucketed?  All the disputing I have done has affected my AAoA even though everything removed was negative.  I just got the dispute results from Equifax online this morning, but still no change on score watch??  Wondering why that is because my Transunion FICO jumped right when the dispute was complete.  My score watch goal score is set at current score, so shouldn't I get an alert?

EQ 544 6/20/13, TU 588 6/20/13, EX?
EQ 619 9/24/13, TU 635 9/24/13 EX?
Goal: 700 across
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: I got judgments REMOVED from CR!!

@apriestl wrote:

I recently disputed judgments with the CRAs.  I had a total of 3 judgments.  It would take a while to explain why these were on my report, but know it was exhausting to work out with the courts and related agencies!

Anyways...these were really holding down my credit.  All three were on Transunion, one on Equifax, and 2 on Experian.

I have now heard back from Transunion and Equifax.  Experian is still pending (and they are always late to respond) so waiting on that.

AWESOME RESULTS SO FAR!!!

Transunion deleted ALL three!

Equifax deleted the one on file!

I just sent a dispute letter, and it was done.  Now assuming Experian has the same result I have cleaned my credit up the best I can Smiley Happy  I have learned to send disputes 4 days apart and dispute the same info with each agency.  Then the favorable results from one end up being the results of the others.  I noted that the other CRAs check the other CRAs and delete the info if the other agencies did.  Transunion is the best at deletions followed by Equifax.  Equifax is the best communicator (they send constant updates on progress).  This has worked for me with favorable results, don't pay an agency for credit repair!

I still have two CA accounts.  One for a medical bill I keep paying on (it was a large bill and they only keep in house for 2 years, it just got too old even though I'm making progress on the balance with 1k left.)  The other for a dental bill (I disputed this with the dentist as they chipped by tooth!  Decided not to pay and got dinged for a $300 collection).  I'm going to attempt PFD with the dental bill.  The only other baddies were a couple late pays last year and GW got denied twice (those suck, I have learned from that).

I wonder if I will be rebucketed?  All the disputing I have done has affected my AAoA even though everything removed was negative.  I just got the dispute results from Equifax online this morning, but still no change on score watch??  Wondering why that is because my Transunion FICO jumped right when the dispute was complete.  My score watch goal score is set at current score, so shouldn't I get an alert?

Good work!

Understand that your results are uniquely yours... some people have YEARS worth of problems removing accounts that shouldn't be there.. every situation is different, yours offers hope, but for most it is nowhere as easy as your reults.. all types of accounts, liens, judgements, collections, chargeoffs, require different techniques, approaches and in a lot instances, luck..

People have different resuilts with different agencies.. TU was a big pain in my side the whole entire time, while Equifax was gravy... Experian seems to be uniformly a pain in the butt for everyone..

Sometimes ScoreWatch is delayed in their alerts.. if it was deleted from EQ and you got the notification, expect the alert shortly.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 6
neptunejcw
Regular Contributor

How did you get them deleted?
Message 3 of 6
cookiebird
Frequent Contributor

I had my SW set to my current score and wasn't getting alerts. I changed it to one point above my current score and that seemed to work. So if you aren't getting alerts try changing it to one point above current score.

last app 11/13/2013 gardening for at least a year
Message 4 of 6
apriestl
Established Member

rckstrscott wrote:

Good work!

Understand that your results are uniquely yours... some people have YEARS worth of problems removing accounts that shouldn't be there.. every situation is different, yours offers hope, but for most it is nowhere as easy as your reults.. all types of accounts, liens, judgements, collections, chargeoffs, require different techniques, approaches and in a lot instances, luck..

People have different resuilts with different agencies.. TU was a big pain in my side the whole entire time, while Equifax was gravy... Experian seems to be uniformly a pain in the butt for everyone..

I understand everyone has a different experience.  I have been searching forums for hope for months regarding these judgments.  I thought this might inspire someone else to continue working towards getting them removed!  I ran into credit problems years ago with my spouse and it has taken almost 7 years to begin fixing my credit score.   I still have bad credit and rebuilding.  However, I had a mess of a report when I started probably close to 16 accounts for CAs, multiple entries for the same CA account, old information not deleted, accounts not updated, judgments, wrong personal info,  even an identity theft situation.  A job loss can really kill your credit and lifestyle for years to come as can ignoring your credit situation. 

Trying to avoid bankruptcy by paying and negotiation with creditors was hard because the dings keep coming as debts are sold to new agencies etc.  One of the judments was actually from a debt out of SOL!  Now thankfully, removed from my CR with two of the bureaus.  After years of what felt like no hope, I am down to two CAs and some solid positives reporting on my CR.  I hope to finally be out of this mess in the next year or so.  Fingers crossed!

Message 5 of 6
apriestl
Established Member

cookiebird wrote:

I had my SW set to my current score and wasn't getting alerts. I changed it to one point above my current score and that seemed to work. So if you aren't getting alerts try changing it to one point above current score.

Thanks I will try that one!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.