cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got my Federal Tax Lien removed from all 3 CBs!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my Federal Tax Lien removed from all 3 CBs!!!

YAY! I had a federal tax lein removed from all 3 CBs! I also did it all by myself by researching online! Taking on the IRS and the courts can be intimidating. I'm still in awe that I did this!!! If you have a federal tax lien and want me to write my story, let me know and I'll be happy to do that for you. 

I had to open a dispute with Equifax last week because they did not remove it right away like TU and EX did.  They completed the investigation yesterday and the result was they are deleting it from my report!!! I'm waiting to see if I get an alert from MF to see if it changes my EQ score much since the lien is from 2009. Even if it doesn't change the score a lot it will definitely improve my credit worthyness. I can't tell you how many denial letters I have received that list the reason of denial as "Your credit report contains a negative public record" Not anymore it doesn't!!!! WOOOHOOO!!!!!!!!

I was going to post my dispute results letter, but am not sure how to paste it in here. Anyone know how to do that?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: I got my Federal Tax Lien removed from all 3 CBs!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

YAY! I had a federal tax lein removed from all 3 CBs! I also did it all by myself by researching online! Taking on the IRS and the courts can be intimidating. I'm still in awe that I did this!!! If you have a federal tax lien and want me to write my story, let me know and I'll be happy to do that for you. 

I had to open a dispute with Equifax because they did not remove it right away like TU and EX did. I'm waiting to see if I get an alert from MF to see if it changes my EQ score much since the lien is from 2009. Even if it doesn't change the score a lot it will definitely improve my credit worthyness. I can't tell you how many denial letters I have received that list the reason of denial as "Your credit report contains a negative public record" Not anymore it doesn't!!!! WOOOHOOO!!!!!!!!

I was going to post my dispute results, but am not sure how to paste them in here. Anyone know how to do that?

Congratulations Wendy!

It is amazing what we have all learned since researching credit online. I would imagine your score should bump up a decent amount since a Tax Lien is one of the most severe derogs out there. 

Do you have any other derogs on your report?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@azguy13 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I had to open a dispute with Equifax because they did not remove it right away like TU and EX did. I'm waiting to see if I get an alert from MF to see if it changes my EQ score much since the lien is from 2009. Even if it doesn't change the score a lot it will definitely improve my credit worthyness. I can't tell you how many denial letters I have received that list the reason of denial as "Your credit report contains a negative public record" Not anymore it doesn't!!!! WOOOHOOO!!!!!!!!

I was going to post my dispute results, but am not sure how to paste them in here. Anyone know how to do that?

Congratulations Wendy!

It is amazing what we have all learned since researching credit online. I would imagine your score should bump up a decent amount since a Tax Lien is one of the most severe derogs out there. 

Thanks, azguy! I do have one mpre derog on EQ and EX. Its an unpaid medical bill for $166. I'm currently researching the best route to go with that one. Pay it and hope they delete it. Why Chat Hippa? Any thoughts? Thanks for asking!

Message 3 of 8
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations Wendy!

Thanks, azguy! I do have one mpre derog on EQ and EX. Its an unpaid medical bill for $166. I'm currently researching the best route to go with that one. Pay it and hope they delete it. Why Chat Hippa? Any thoughts? Thanks for asking!

Since it is such a low amount I would just try a PFD. If they are not willing to work with you then I would look into the HIPPA Process. But, a PFD would be MUCH quicker and significantly easier. You have more bargaining power before you pay it than after. 

Message 4 of 8
surferchris
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, first of all congrats! I know this is an old post..but I am in a similar situation (loosing sleep over this smh) and researching on how to possibly getting my lien removed, was wondering if you could please email me the dispute letters you sent. I would really appreciate any help possible.TY (mod cut-direct contact info cannot be published in the public forum)

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lee,

Sorry to hear you are in the same predicament. I know how stressful and damaging this is. I know there have been some changes to tax leins since I posted this, but I'll do my best to help you.

Are your leins federal tax (From the IRS) or state tax leins? 

If state, what state?

How old are they?

Do you have any payment plans set up to pay these off?

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:
Hello, first of all congrats! I know this is an old post..but I am in a similar situation (loosing sleep over this smh) and researching on how to possibly getting my lien removed, was wondering if you could please email me the dispute letters you sent. I would really appreciate any help possible.TY j.woodsdaycare@outlook.com

I'm not sure how Wendy disputed her liens, but for both federal and state, you can dispute online citing that there are missing requirement infos on the filed lien.  Chances are it will get removed by all credit reporting agency.  I was able to get both state and federal removed from my wife's report even though she has not arranged any payment plan yet.  

Good luck!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.