Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hate CAs.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hate CAs.

I'll get a call or letter from a CA from time to time.  Whatever they're contacting me about is well past the SOL, and likely very close to 7 years old, if not older.  I know this because prior to last year the last time I had an active credit line was around 2006.  I got my EQ credit report and there are SPs from Portfolio Recovery Associates on 10/23, 11/13, 11/14, 12/11, 2/18, 2/26, 2/27, 2/28, and 3/17.  There are a couple of other CAs running SPs at about the same frequency.  What are these CAs up to?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I hate CAs.

Look at your current "collection" score to see if there is any way possible to get you to pay up. I would send C&Ds to them if you get letters as long as they are past CRTP & states SOL.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Not me! I just love CAs!" Said no one, ever.

Sorry, not much to add other than a little hilarity (hopefully?)

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Portfolio recovery LOVES to try and collect on time barred debts. Watch your mail closely and when they send a dunning notice, many of them even telll you (read closely or you'll miss it in the fine print) that because of the age of your debt they will neither sue you, nor report to credit bureaus.

SEND a CEASE & DESIST letter. DONE.
Message 4 of 8
damnedanddetermined
Established Contributor

gdale...what is a "collection score"?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'll get a call or letter from a CA from time to time.  Whatever they're contacting me about is well past the SOL, and likely very close to 7 years old, if not older.  I know this because prior to last year the last time I had an active credit line was around 2006.  I got my EQ credit report and there are SPs from Portfolio Recovery Associates on 10/23, 11/13, 11/14, 12/11, 2/18, 2/26, 2/27, 2/28, and 3/17.  There are a couple of other CAs running SPs at about the same frequency.  What are these CAs up to?

I recently gave a CA a verbal C&D last time they called, yesterday I mailed them a written C&D CMRRR to close the loop on it. They used to call everyday Mon-Sat, but haven't called me back since. I verbally told the CA that if he calls one more time I would be compelled to open up an FDCPA claim, he got quiet, then said have a nice day sir and hung up.

The "alleged" debt is past the SOL in my home state though it has a couple months before it falls off my CR.

Message 6 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@damnedanddetermined wrote:

Its one of the 49 models in every Fico Release year. It indicates to collectors you may be more than willing to settle it. When rebuilding your Fico starts to rise, they wont let you go get new credit unabated without updating their TL to make it look new in Ficos eyes resulting in a Fico score drop, its a tool in the aresnal to get people to pay what they owe. A collector puts into the CRA, notify me when x score is attained, then they hit you with a current collection stopping your progress..

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@damnedanddetermined wrote:

Its one of the 49 models in every Fico Release year. It indicates to collectors you may be more than willing to settle it. When rebuilding your Fico starts to rise, they wont let you go get new credit unabated without updating their TL to make it look new in Ficos eyes resulting in a Fico score drop, its a tool in the aresnal to get people to pay what they owe. A collector puts into the CRA, notify me when x score is attained, then they hit you with a current collection stopping your progress..

Everything is older than 7 years old so at this point they're just annoying me.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.