cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hate EQUIFAX, they won't remove fraud accounts.

tag
8in2years
Regular Contributor

I hate EQUIFAX, they won't remove fraud accounts.

A few months ago I noticed 3 fraud accounts on all 3 credit reports. I called all three CRA's and they told me to file a police report if I think the accounts are not mine. On 3/31/2014, I picked the police report up from the police department. I made copies and sent it to all CRA's, I also included a statement saying that the fraud accounts are not mine, that they should be blocked immediately. Experian and Transunion removed ALL fraud accounts, but Equifax started the"dispute " process.

Equifax received my statement and Police report on 4/3/2014, I live in Georgia. On 5/12/2014(what happened to 30 days???) the dispute was complete and all 3 fraud accounts came back as belonging to me which is a lie. The creditors are B.O.A, Capital One and Macy's. On 5/13/2014 I filled a complaint with Consumer Finance Protection Bureau against Equifax, that initiated another dispute that began on 5/15/2014. Today, I called Equifax and talked to a dispute supervisor and he said I have to wait until 6/15/2014 to see what the outcome is.

This is very frustrating my Equifax Credit score, which I bought from Equifax is currently 542. I don't know what else to do. GURU'S? ANYONE??Help

Message 1 of 54
53 REPLIES 53
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I hate EQUIFAX, they won't remove fraud accounts.

@8in2years wrote:

A few months ago I noticed 3 fraud accounts on all 3 credit reports. I called all three CRA's and they told me to file a police report if I think the accounts are not mine. On 3/31/2014, I picked the police report up from the police department. I made copies and sent it to all CRA's, I also included a statement saying that the fraud accounts are not mine, that they should be blocked immediately. Experian and Transunion removed ALL fraud accounts, but Equifax started the"dispute " process.

Equifax received my statement and Police report on 4/3/2014, I live in Georgia. On 5/12/2014(what happened to 30 days???) the dispute was complete and all 3 fraud accounts came back as belonging to me which is a lie. The creditors are B.O.A, Capital One and Macy's. On 5/13/2014 I filled a complaint with Consumer Finance Protection Bureau against Equifax, that initiated another dispute that began on 5/15/2014. Today, I called Equifax and talked to a dispute supervisor and he said I have to wait until 6/15/2014 to see what the outcome is.

This is very frustrating my Equifax Credit score, which I bought from Equifax is currently 542. I don't know what else to do. GURU'S? ANYONE??Help

If the CFPB does not get you results (and they usually do in these cases) your next move is going to be sending EQ an ITS (Intent to sue) letter, at this point you need to wait for the CFPB to complete their investigation. Keep us informed on whats going in and Good luck )

Message 2 of 54
8in2years
Regular Contributor

I hope they get it resolved. Equifax is the worst. I will keep you guys updated. 

Message 3 of 54
NY2014
Established Contributor

Hey 8in2 don't feel your the only one that's dealing with nearly the same situation . Again
TU/EX handled all issues. Fixed removed immediately stayed on the phone with me until every solution was resolved now Exquifax a bunch of idiots . Sense October 2013 I've been fighting with them. Until enough is Enough. It seems they have a system regardless police report , affidavit , first born, they out you through hell .I'm still fighting with them and they are not properly verifying these accounts.and my advise. Follow advise from this forum. It will cost you major headaches.but keep your cool.its about product with them .
Fico Score 10/6 EQ 702,16 INQ,TU 740, 9,iNQ EX 705,21 INQ,13%UTIL-
,10 yrs history,1.6 yr AA Cap1 Plat,VentureOne,QS ,Barckey RCI, BBVA,Amex BCE,CSP,NFCU Flag, NFCU Go,NFCU,Cloc NFCU busin,NFCU busin Cloc,Amex Delta busn,Bj's busn Perks,Hawaiian air busin, Citi dc, Discover IT,Chase Hyatt,U.S bank flex perks.,Am,ex Business Plat JCP. Commercial, citi Hilton
Message 4 of 54
8in2years
Regular Contributor

Another member here gave me the email and number to the executive office. I hope I can get this resolved with the executive office. They have the balls to offer me their stupid products but won't remove fraud accounts. I just wanted to yell at the csr and hang up, but I kept my cool and just declined the offer. 

Message 5 of 54
baller4life
Super Contributor

Don't waste your time with those moron CSRs. Deal only with the EO. 

Message 6 of 54
EW800
Valued Contributor

8in2years:  Sorry you are going through this.  Please do keep us updated!  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 7 of 54
snugglebug
Valued Member

@8in2years wrote:

Hi 8! If you filed the complaint with the CFPB on the 13th, then your results should be back within 15 days according to the CFPB guidelines.  That is unless EQ asks for an extension, in which case the CFPB wil notify you. IMO, I wouldn't contact anyone else until you have heard back from the CFPB, and then go from there if you don't get the results you are looking for.  I've had great success going the CFPB route, and surely you will too!! EQ is terrible... so sorry you're having to go through this. 

Message 8 of 54
8in2years
Regular Contributor

Update: On 5-23-2014 I emailed Equifax EO about these fraud accounts.Today 5-27-2014 at 5:30 pm, I get a call from M. C. from the Equifax Executive Office. 

She said nothing can be done right now because the cfpb complaint is still in process. The companies have until 6-15-2014 to verify or not respond at all. That's what she said. She also asked me if I contacted the companies and I said no. So basically Equifax wants the consumer to do their job for them. SMH

Message 9 of 54
Involver
Valued Contributor

Equifax are the absolute worst. It seems they won't take care of anything without getting the CFPB involved. Good luck getting that mess cleaned up like it should be.
Message 10 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.