Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hate Equifax

tag
2012Repair
Established Member

Re: I hate Equifax

How and what does 'verify method of validation' mean?  I just disputed online with EQ a line item I cannot validate / verify myself.  It is posted by AFNI and is $598 dollars.  The original debt dates back to May 2006.  I disputed (online) and received a completed investigation report by EQ stated verified and belongs to me.  So, I need a bit of help. 

1.  How do i find out who the original debt owner is

2.  How does EQ come back and verify something i cant even verify

3.  How is it the original debt dates back to 5/2006 and reaged in 2009

4.  How do i go about inquiring with AFNI without shooting myself in the foot

5.  How do i request Method of Verification with EQ?

Thanks ina dvance for advice provided.

Message 11 of 18
bodybuilder510
Regular Contributor

To my understanding, you have a right to request method of verification. I would call and ask. They should provide you with all the info they used to verify that the debt is valid.

Message 12 of 18
Booner72
Senior Contributor

@2012Repair wrote:

How and what does 'verify method of validation' mean?  I just disputed online with EQ a line item I cannot validate / verify myself.  It is posted by AFNI and is $598 dollars.  The original debt dates back to May 2006.  I disputed (online) and received a completed investigation report by EQ stated verified and belongs to me.  So, I need a bit of help. 

1.  How do i find out who the original debt owner is  Send DV letter to the reporting party.

2.  How does EQ come back and verify something i cant even verifyThey report what the reporting party reports and don't think twice about it, even if you have proof different - your only hope is to fight it out with AFNI.

3.  How is it the original debt dates back to 5/2006 and reaged in 2009Define "reage" - only if the DOFD -- Date of first delinquency -- changes, can it be reaging.  They can update it every month so it shows as currently (DOLA  == Date of last activity) and AFNI does this, at least they did it to me.  The ding to your credit comes when it first hits, not every month that they update.  So don't sweat that part.

4.  How do i go about inquiring with AFNI without shooting myself in the foot If you contact them, I guarantee you they will want your money, so be prepared to pay it. 

5.  How do i request Method of Verification with EQ?You write into them and ask for it and I think you have to pay 11.00 fee for doing this.  If you use the search box, you will find posts by Robert EG that tell you the exact codes under the FCRA that tell you what to ask for, but basically just what you said, and 11 bucks, should do the trick.  I'll tell you for free:  They just went with whatever AFNI sent in on a Universal Data Form through their electronic system that goes back and forth between the CRA's and anyone who reports (OC's, CA's, etc).

Thanks ina dvance for advice provided.

GOOD LUCK

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 13 of 18
2012Repair
Established Member

2.  How does EQ come back and verify something i cant even verifyThey report what the reporting party reports and don't think twice about it, even if you have proof different - your only hope is to fight it out with AFNI.

3.  How is it the original debt dates back to 5/2006 and reaged in 2009Define "reage" - only if the DOFD -- Date of first delinquency -- changes, can it be reaging.  They can update it every month so it shows as currently (DOLA  == Date of last activity) and AFNI does this, at least they did it to me.  The ding to your credit comes when it first hits, not every month that they update.  So don't sweat that part.

4.  How do i go about inquiring with AFNI without shooting myself in the foot If you contact them, I guarantee you they will want your money, so be prepared to pay it. 

5.  How do i request Method of Verification with EQ?You write into them and ask for it and I think you have to pay 11.00 fee for doing this.  If you use the search box, you will find posts by Robert EG that tell you the exact codes under the FCRA that tell you what to ask for, but basically just what you said, and 11 bucks, should do the trick.  I'll tell you for free:  They just went with whatever AFNI sent in on a Universal Data Form through their electronic system that goes back and forth between the CRA's and anyone who reports (OC's, CA's, etc).

on the above:

2.  fight it out with afni...do i dispute it with them directly or ask for debt verification / original debtor from them? as the first communication?

4.  if i contact them to determine who the original debtor was for the verification as the first communication, what is the proper communication to fight it out?  e.g.  if they want to confirm back with me my personal info, am i not to do that?

thanks in advance for response.  

Message 14 of 18
Guardian
Valued Contributor

You can ask for verification method until you are blue in the face and they will give you NOTHING and the best you can hope for is when they say, we used the information displayed on your report, that's it. They will NEVER EVER tell you how they did it or didn't do it and even under subpoena they have simply said, we no longer have any records of that investigation. Experian was fined for this and their reply was, $50,000 fine per case for making over $3 million a day is a good cost benefit parameter and they will gladly pay it.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 15 of 18
annielorie
Valued Contributor

2012 repair Boy where my ears burning I just got this deleted of Eq yes Afni and it took along time. First this was an acct that my roomate turned into my name after I moved out I had disputed this account 3 times before I realized that eq was not investigating what I asked. There are some posts that talk about EQ showing DOLA as DOFD but this is wrong clearly on the EQ credit report it states DOLA and DOFD. Afni is so unethical look them up on google pond scum that buys aged debt and some poor shmuck pays them because their tactics are criminal.  The last dispute came back as DOLA verified.  THen I did over the phone dispute for DOFD explained this is the fourth time I am disputing this and that both TU and EX had already deleted.  Tonight on Identity Guard I had aloert to my EQ file its finally deleted.  The fall off date is 4/2012.  Write Afni for proof of debt Orig bills who is the oc what is the acct number etc. give um 30 days  cmrrr if they do not give you any info to validate they cannot keep reporting then send the cra copy of letter cmrrr and have them delete.  Chances are they cannot verify and more then likely it has been reaged or not even yours.Keep us posted!

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 16 of 18
2012Repair
Established Member

Status as of Jul, 2009
Date opened May, 2009
Date of last activity May, 2006
Largest past balance $598
Account Type Open Account
Account holder Individual
Industry Factoring Companies
Descriptions
  • Collection account

No contact information provided by Equifax

This is exactly what appears in the account item detail.

Thoughts?

Message 17 of 18
annielorie
Valued Contributor

son of a ... back on my equifax deleted of ex sending a a 11 dollar check for the dofd after this if no luck it will come off julySmiley Sad

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.