Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hate Equifax!!!

tag
myscorerocks
Regular Contributor

I hate Equifax!!!

I have been told 3 times that 2 old accounts would be removed. Every time I call in, they say yes and see it's over 7 years and then don't remove! I have to wait 30 days in between each time I've called. I'm getting pissed. Beyond pissed. What can I do? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I hate Equifax!!!

If it's been over 7 years I'd be calling daily until they remove it...but that's just me. Has it been 7 years since you defaulted or 7 years that it's been reporting? What estimated removal date does it show on the report?

Message 2 of 7
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

First, what exactly is the account and how is it reporting? Depending on the account and the account type the 7 year credit report exclusion may not aplly. Second, if you are having to wait 30 in between calls it sounds like they are disputing the account.
Message 3 of 7
susieqj
Regular Contributor

I would also ask to speak to a supervisor, and if you get overseas I would ask to be transfered to the US. 

Message 4 of 7
myscorerocks
Regular Contributor

I've told them numerous times that I don't want to dispute, but to have it removed because it's older than 7 years. Each and every time the rep agrees and says it will be removed. I've been told different things, but from what I understand you have 5 days to cancel a dispute or you have to wait it out, so they weren't removing, but disputing. Finally found that out this last call. My report is showing no date, but I was 90 days late as of 9/1 in 2009, so it was to be removed last September. The problem is that they show it 90 days late and don't have it showing 30 and 60 days late before that and people are too stupid to realize that it's a given that I was 30 and 60 days late given I was 90 days late. I hope that makes sense. I'm extremely sick right now. I'll try callling again tomorrow.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought it was 7 years plus 180 days... ask for an EE.
Message 6 of 7
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Being 90 days late in 2009 doesn't necessarily mean that that is the DoFD. That's why I asked how it was reporting. If you brought it current at any point after that then the DoFD would be a different date than 9/2009. And that's if the account was charged off
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.