Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hate transunion

tag
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

I hate transunion

I am so furious with Trans Union if they have an open dispute on the file, they  extend all the open disputes out up to 15 days due to section 611 paragraph a section 1 subparagraph B if they receive another dispute. How is this legal?
-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I hate transunion

Since that section refers to reinvestigations, I don't see how that is relevant to other disputes. How did you come by that information?

TansUnion hasn't pulled that one on me, however, I've had Equifax not send me results until all disputes were I filed at the same time were completed. The last one took 62 days, but since I was happy with the outcome, I didn't mind too much.

Message 2 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If you submit any additional information after the initial dispute, it is only reasonable to give them additional time.  Plus, the statute specifically gives them more time.

However,the 15 days only applies to the dispute to which the additional info relates.  Are you saying they claim an additional 15 days on a totally unrelated dispute?

Message 3 of 8
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Yes, they are extending it. When I called I spoke to a rep who after I asked for a supervisor to, as he put it, "argue out" the statute, refused to answer any more of my questions. I called back and the next 2 reps claimed they couldn't acces my file because it was being "updated". Finally got a 2nd manager who says it's only the results that get extended not the investigation which made no sense.

Yes these are different unrelated accounts that were being disputed once I got evidence to dispute them. 

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, that's what Equifax did to me - said it's only until all the disputes are resolved. Then they sent me an email saying the results were ready for viewing. The results were dated April 30th, but I didn't get notification until May 14th!! UGH!

However, I could tell the results when I pulled my reports via USAA and the back door of the CRAs Smiley Wink

@jordanmedical wrote:

Yes, they are extending it. When I called I spoke to a rep who after I asked for a supervisor to, as he put it, "argue out" the statute, refused to answer any more of my questions. I called back and the next 2 reps claimed they couldn't acces my file because it was being "updated". Finally got a 2nd manager who says it's only the results that get extended not the investigation which made no sense.

Yes these are different unrelated accounts that were being disputed once I got evidence to dispute them. 

Message 5 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Section 611(B) clearly states that "if the consumer reporting agency receives information from the consumer during the 30-day period that is relevant to the reinvestigation."

Not ambiguous at all.

Message 6 of 8
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Message 7 of 8
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

What is my recourse at this point?

When I asked how I can prevent the delay in my results, I was coldly told "stop sending in disputes while there is an open investigation".

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.