Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have 14 negatives and 14 positive

tag
liz9100
Regular Contributor

Re: I have 14 negatives and 14 positive

I have been receiving secured credit cards to help me. I'm also looking into security lines of credit. would that help at all or should I just wait.
Everyone above 610...
Message 11 of 17
lmfields84
Regular Contributor

I would say yes, but its hard to tell how much- they probably will carry less weight based on the amount of negatives you have reporting also.  A person without negatives would see a much bigger jump after 10 inquiries drop than someone with even one charge off reporting.

Our 2014 Rebuilding Log- Check Out Our Progress!
In Our Wallet: NFCU Cash Rewards $14k | NFCU LOC $15k | NFCU LOC $12k | NFCU Platinum Visa $8.5k | NFCU Platinum MC $1k Discover IT $1400 | Walmart Store Card $1.4k | Synchrony $1k | ToysRUs $500
Message 12 of 17
lmfields84
Regular Contributor

How many cards do you have?  You really only need 2 or 3 to rebuild- let one carry a small (less than 10%) balance, and keep the others at zero, then rotate which card you use each month.  If you write up a journal listing all your accounts, good and bad- folks can give you more specific advice and help. Smiley Happy

Our 2014 Rebuilding Log- Check Out Our Progress!
In Our Wallet: NFCU Cash Rewards $14k | NFCU LOC $15k | NFCU LOC $12k | NFCU Platinum Visa $8.5k | NFCU Platinum MC $1k Discover IT $1400 | Walmart Store Card $1.4k | Synchrony $1k | ToysRUs $500
Message 13 of 17
liz9100
Regular Contributor

on my positive I have to Capital One which I got 6 months ago. 1 Discovery credit card which I got a month ago. I have several student loan and 1 on Automotive. should I try to pay off all my installments quicker would that help my credit at all.
Everyone above 610...
Message 14 of 17
liz9100
Regular Contributor

I just got a program on my phone called checks. it helps me keep track of everything. like due date balances and a button to push the bill pay. it warns me when I go over a certain amount of a ratio for my credit. I just got this last month and cut everything up.
Everyone above 610...
Message 15 of 17
liz9100
Regular Contributor

I wanted to take this time to thank everybody for your help very nice that you taking time out of your own schedule to help me. if there's anything else I can add to get help let me know. my scores are between 525 550 580.
Everyone above 610...
Message 16 of 17
liz9100
Regular Contributor

I just got a person loan to play catch up. I was out ill for 2 months. I wanted to also have an emergency account. I know its not the smarts move but another line of credit. The assistant manager said my credit isn't as bad as I claim. I did get a crazy interest rate from spring leaf. they probably take about anybody but its still something. I also hope to have it paid off in a year. would that be enough time for me to build credit and look good. I also paid off debt collections I didn't know I had.
Everyone above 610...
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.