cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have 2 collections that won't stop reporting dispute...

tag
dciples
Established Member

I have 2 collections that won't stop reporting dispute...

I need some advice. I have 2 collections on my report that keep adding "consumer disputes account". As most of you know, you cannot secure a mortgage when this is reporting on your files. Well, I have twice now diputed this through both Equifax and Trans Union (Experian just removes it with no issues) and the collections keep adding it back on. My guess is because they know I can't get a mortgage with it on there and are forcing my hand to call them or admit to the collections. 

A little background on the 2 collections. On is from last year, so fresh. I have been sending them PFD letters with an amount to pay them off. I haven't heard from them yet. I stated in the letter that I was not disputing the account per-say, but I do mention that I didn't memorize the account number so...

The second is from awhile ago. I have verified with all three bureaus that this will fall of in July (EX), Sept (EQ) and Oct (TU), so I do not want to even try and work with them. The house I am building will be done in Augustish. 

Need advice. Let me know if I missed any pertinant information and I will reply.

Starting scores 8/23/2012: EQ-526; TU-506; EX-548
Lender pull 10/11/2012 EQ-569; TU-531; EX-560
Lender Pull 11/5/2012 EQ-584; TU-598; EX-559
Lender pull 1/22/2013 EQ?; TU-607; Ex-539
Milestone 1: 620
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
jkwheaton78
Regular Contributor

Re: I have 2 collections that won't stop reporting dispute...

I am by no means an expert with this, but this was my experience.  The 2nd I sent them a letter, even though I said that I was not disputing it, the creditor added the dispute comment.  It never went away until I sent a letter to the collection agency/creditor only stating that I am no longer disputing this account, please remove the dispute comments.  I then got something back in the mail from them letting me know it was no longer disputed.  

No matter how many times I went to the credit buearus, the comment would keep popping up everytime the creditor reported the next month. 

Starting Score: 553
Current Score: 710
Goal Score: 659

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

8/18/2012 Lender Pull:
EX:659
EQ: 553
TU: 520
Goal: 659
Message 2 of 6
dciples
Established Member

Thank you jkwheaton78

When did you do this? Did it do anything different to the collections? I am afraid it will cause them to have leveredge to use in the future. I don't want the second one to

"re-age" since it's going to fall off this year. As far as the 1st one I mentioned, I am pretty sure they are going to end up suing me. I have read really crappy things about the attorney that represents the CA. But if I tell them I am no longer disputing, I just don't want it to screw me.

Message 3 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You need to contact the CA reporting the dispute and have them remove it and tell them you are not disputing.

And when you send a PFD and/or GW make it clear it is not a dispute.  That may be what is happening.

Message 4 of 6
dciples
Established Member

Okay, same advice from the other person, but that still doesn't tell me if I could end up "screwing it up" if I do that. Do I word it a certain way? Like say, "even though I no longer am disputing this account, I am not admitting to it either"?

Message 5 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Something along those lines.

While I in no way acknowlege this debt, I am no longer disputing it either.  Please remove all dispute comments from the CRA and your records.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.