Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a couple of'????????'s

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a couple of'????????'s

I have been making great progress in cleaning up my husband's and my own credit. Both of our fico mid scores are reaching the upper 600's. On my cr I have only one collection for $266.00 that I just paid after getting a "pay for deletion" agreement from the creditor.  My question is....How much of a credit boost do you think I'll get after it gets deleted? I still have about $2,800 that i will have payed down by August (At least half of it).  And no late payments ever.  Do you think that will get me into the 700club?!  My other question is, If I start calling my creditors/carloan to negotiate better rates will that lower my scores back down due to too many inqueries?  thanks
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I have a couple of'????????'s

There is no way of knowing what increase if any you will receive by having a collection deleted. It has to do with what else is on your CR, length of history,AAoA and UTIL.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

my oldest account is 9 years and my total avail credit is 7500. I want to pay off the rest of my cc debt by Sept. Plan to apply for mortgage mid Oct
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

mrsrussell0509 wrote:
I have been making great progress in cleaning up my husband's and my own credit. Both of our fico mid scores are reaching the upper 600's. On my cr I have only one collection for $266.00 that I just paid after getting a "pay for deletion" agreement from the creditor.  My question is....How much of a credit boost do you think I'll get after it gets deleted? I still have about $2,800 that i will have payed down by August (At least half of it).  And no late payments ever.  Do you think that will get me into the 700club?!  My other question is, If I start calling my creditors/carloan to negotiate better rates will that lower my scores back down due to too many inqueries?  thanks

Is this your last negative period?

No other lates, collections, charge offs, etc remaining? When I say "negatives" high util is excluded. 

As for negotiating better rates......are you talking about CC, installment loans? How many inquiries within the past year do you already have?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

in the past year I have had 3 inqueries.  I have no lates, no  charge/off 's, no collections  (other than the one for 266 I just paid to delete).As for my  hubby. He has a short credit history. But he's only 26. We share 1 cc with a 2,000 limit that we're paying down slowly but surely the balance is 1100. I have an hsbc card with a 1200 limit that i owe 1100 on. Which I plan to send them $600 on friday.  The rest of my cards are either paid off, or have low balances on them. I have 4k in student loan left and my hubby has 7k left. And we have a car together that we owe 10k. I'm paying 13% on the car loan and thats the one I want to either refi or ask for a rate reduction for the car.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.