Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a very large collection with rev rec corp

tag
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

I have a very large collection with rev rec corp

It is a medical collection for 151k. From my motorcycle accident in '08. This is a scary thing for lenders to see on my CR. Someone suggested that I call them and try to set up some sort of payment plan or something, but I just don't know what to do. So I come to the gurus. Any advice? I want to buy a small house, but the collection is scary.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I have a very large collection with rev rec corp

First off I'm sorry to hear about your accident and hope that you've made a full recovery.  With that said, you have a serious problem with a very serious amount of medical debt.   Do you know the SOL of your state regarding these charges.  Some states, such as Arkansas have specific SOLs when comes to medical. Secondly, I'm kind of shocked that this amount has not triggered a judgement yet.

I would really look into this because I can't see it being dropped without an attempt to collect.  Is there any kind of state assistance program you can file with?  Any local charitable associations that may help?

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.