cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have judgements and collections on my CR, where to start?

tag
lundungurl
New Contributor

I have judgements and collections on my CR, where to start?

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum but have been lurking off and on for awhile now. Lets start with my ultimate goal: To buy a house in rural Oregon using the USDA Rural Developement loan program. Here is my situation: I want to repair my credit so I qualify for the loan. I just pulled my CR yesterday from freecreditreport dot com. I have 2 judgements and a few collections and charge-offs. I want to try and get the judgements vacated if I can and then work on the collections. The 1st judgement is paid and is dated 2/15/2007. It is from Columbia collections. The 2nd judgement is dated 9/9/2006 and is a state tax lien. EX is reporting it as "Multnomah County Records" and TU is reporting it as "Recorder of "Deeds". I honestly have no idea what this is and I don't recall ever being served.  Any ideas on where to go from here?

Also, in September of last year I was served (well, my daughter was because I was at work) to appear in court for another collection account. I never showed up, but the funny thing is this didn't show up in my CR that I just pulled and I haven't heard another thing about it from the CA or the courts. They were suing me for 2 debts that I owed them, one of which I am sure was past the SOL. I appreciate all the help and advice anyone wants to give me!

Thanks in advance

Starting FICO's (9/26/2011) EX 586, EQ 575, TU 584
Goal: 650 across the board
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.