Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have no Idea about this one.......

tag
Cooki844
New Contributor

I have no Idea about this one.......

I recieved a letter from a outstanding Charge Off account.

Absolute Credit purchased a old credit card chargeoff (past the SOL) from Capitol One for about $3400.  This collection has not hit my Credit report it yet.

I responded with a settlement letter....not acknowledging the debt.  Basically I stated I would be would pay a portion of the debt in exchange for them not reporting and not selling the debt. I also indicated I have a limited ability to pay as I have a federal tax debt that is in first position and I have only  so much avaiable money.

It ws reaching the 30 day time frame and I did not receive any response.   I called and found out the letter was received but it is no longer listed with their company. 

What does this mean? It is still a charge off with capitol one ......but what happens now????

Thanks for any responses

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I have no Idea about this one.......

@Cooki844 wrote:

I recieved a letter from a outstanding Charge Off account.

Absolute Credit purchased a old credit card chargeoff (past the SOL) from Capitol One for about $3400.  This collection has not hit my Credit report it yet.

I responded with a settlement letter....not acknowledging the debt.  Basically I stated I would be would pay a portion of the debt in exchange for them not reporting and not selling the debt. I also indicated I have a limited ability to pay as I have a federal tax debt that is in first position and I have only  so much avaiable money.

It ws reaching the 30 day time frame and I did not receive any response.   I called and found out the letter was received but it is no longer listed with their company. 

What does this mean? It is still a charge off with capitol one ......but what happens now????

Thanks for any responses

Sounds like they decided you were not "easy money" and have already sold it to another JDB. What a bunch of boneheads.

Message 2 of 4
Cooki844
New Contributor

Should I sent a DVto Capitol One on the account or just leave it alone

will drop off 8/2017

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

DVs sent only to debt collectors, not original creditors.

Additionlly, since the creditor sold the debt, they are no longer involved.

The debt collector had no requirment to respond to the letter, even if it included a requiest for debt validation.

If you wish to pursue payment, then I would contact them and ask whether they still own it, and if not, who to contact.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.