cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have to pay $15 to get a PFD letter from a CA?

tag
strong_lady
Regular Contributor

I have to pay $15 to get a PFD letter from a CA?

(Sighhhhhhhhhh)

Im calling a CA .....yes again... but they will do a PFD.  I contacted them because I did not receive a response to my PFD letter anyway they are saying that the letter will require $15.  I asked them why and they stated that they will send notification to the three CA to delete within 5 to 7 days instead of the usual 30 to 60 days. 

I then asked the AR if she would be willing to fax or mail me a letter indicating that they will do a pfd once my balance has been paid off in full and she stated no .. that they will send me a letter once they receive payment ($103.00) and the $15 fee??

The name of the CA is Credit Financial Services and they are located about a 2 hour drive from me.  So what I have decided to do is when I get the funds to pay Im going to drive down there and before I give the payment to them demand to see the letter and get the letter while they get the money order.  Do you think this is a good idea?

Have you ever heard of having to pay anything for a letter or to get it off the credit reports faster?  I think they are just money hungry but would still be willing to pay? 

Strong

Message Edited by strong_lady on 01-15-2009 09:40 AM
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Chanduwar
Frequent Contributor

Re: I have to pay $15 to get a PFD letter from a CA?

strong_lady,

Do not go.

Send Certified funds, by mail after confirming with them, in writing, that they will delete after they have been paid. Do not communicate directly. Always have documented conversations when dealing with CA's. I have been burnt enough.

Chanduwar

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most CAs do not accept visitors or are open to the public.

So, don't waste your time/gas.

If they won't send you a letter stating this agreement, then you will have to either take their word or choose not to pay.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

can you live with 30 to 60 days time for deletion? it sucks, but it could be a decent compromise.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a collection with a Credit Financial Services as well.  Is the Credit Financial Services you are dealing with in North Carolina?  If so, who did you speak with to get a pfd?  The csr rep I spoke with said that she had never heard of a pfd! 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

strong_lady,  What is the DOFD and your SOL on this debt?  Did you send a DV before the PFD?  Is the CA licensed or bonded in your state ( if needed)?     What was the debt for?
Message Edited by HappyDays on 01-16-2009 09:49 AM
Message 6 of 7
strong_lady
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a collection with a Credit Financial Services as well.  Is the Credit Financial Services you are dealing with in North Carolina?  If so, who did you speak with to get a pfd?  The csr rep I spoke with said that she had never heard of a pfd! 

Dreamchaser

Yes this is in North Carolina and I spoke with a Mrs Bennett.  Funny though I just dialed their number again and was told to hang up unless I wanted to pay a charge of $5.49 and to call 101-555-8000.  But I got the local number though. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.