cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have very little debt, and a very very little credit score. Help me improve?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have very little debt, and a very very little credit score. Help me improve?

Credit Score EXP - 436

Total Collection Debt - 1363.00 (436.00 to be removed after 7 years in 02/2013) 

Total Recurring Debt - 0.00

Only other thing on my credit is a paid off car for 8,000 dollars

I know part of my problem, is no recurring debt, and not having alot on my credit. Atleast thats what I've been told. Problem I am having is I can't get a credit card, nor a secured credit card approved. So I don't know what to do, to build credit. Since my Collection debt is so small, I wanna go ahead and pay it off. But I am being told that if I pay them off, it will lower my credit score, and keep them on my credit for another 7 years. So I don't know what to do. Help?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I have very little debt, and a very very little credit score. Help me improve?

Not to sound harsh, but I don't think you could hurt your score where it sits now.  Sorry.  But let's think of this as a 2 part process, kind of like breathing.  In with the good air, out with the bad.  We need to get rid of the bad stuff and get some positive TLs going.  So, next month, you will have less than $1000 in debt.  Do you have any baddies that are paid off?  

You will need to try for a PFD for anything unpaid, and GW for anything paid.   This will begin to get the bad stuff off, then you can think of getting some positive TLs on your report.  

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I have very little debt, and a very very little credit score. Help me improve?

No, all my baddies are are still not paid. How do I go about processing a PFD and GW? 

Message 3 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Read this

July 2013 score:

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay I did. So to see if I'm understanding correctly. I should try to PIF and get them to remove the negative collection. Since I live in Texas should I send the the collectors a Notice of Inaccuracy first? Or just send a PFD? 

CA are (if this helps any) 

CONVERGENT OUTSOURCING - TimeWarnerCable

MIDLAND FUNDING LLC - T-Mobile

RJM ACQUISITIONS LLC/RJM - BankofAmerica

Message 5 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I'd send a DV using the Texas state statute.  Just to make sure they still have the debt and it's legit.

July 2013 score:

Message 6 of 7
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Okay I did. So to see if I'm understanding correctly. I should try to PIF and get them to remove the negative collection. Since I live in Texas should I send the the collectors a Notice of Inaccuracy first? Or just send a PFD? 

CA are (if this helps any) 

CONVERGENT OUTSOURCING - TimeWarnerCable

MIDLAND FUNDING LLC - T-Mobile

RJM ACQUISITIONS LLC/RJM - BankofAmerica

Regarding your CA's  -- RJM and Midland are two that I am familiar with. I have contacts for both -- for RJM, they are the nicest CA's that Ive ever dealt with and you can EASILY do a PFD with them, if they are even reporting. I will share this contact with you and my story, just PM me if you're interested.

As for midland, as I said, I have contacts for them, but no success with them as of yet. I've made contacts, have an extensive list of e-mail addy's of diff folks in Midland, but have yet to get them to Delete. That may be because I have paid them already and now they have less incentive to delete, but u might have a beter chance!

Starting Score: 526 EXP 09/2012 600 FICO 10/2012 608 EX (lenderpull)11/2012
Current Score: 705 FICO TU (10/2014)Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.