Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I haven't been able to find an answer to my question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I haven't been able to find an answer to my question

Scutterbug wrote:
Thanks again!  It seems that he is a CA, and by the website they can do business nationwide.  So I'm not sure how else to check if he is licensed in NC. 

Google is a good place. Try to find your state's website.

And something else that is boggling the fool out of me is that every mortgage company that I talk to says that this Dyck O'Neal can keep reporting this debt each month and even if it's after the  years that he can still report it each month!!!!!!  What is the truth on this one?  Is it that after 7 years from the 1st date of delinquency that it has to be removed from my credit? 

Read this link-

Google FCRA or Fair Credit Reporting Act and read it. It governs how long things can be reported.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

To all who have helped me so far I wanted to give my sincere thanks, however, Dyck O'Neal is not going to go AWAY anytime soon. According to them, they can report on my credit for up to 10 years, even though all of you have told me 7.  They ALSO CAN SELL THIS DEBT to another agency after their 10 years is up and this other agency can report for another 10 years, and the cycle continues and continues so that it will never go away. 

I spoke to the lady at Dyck O'Neal and they keep adding interest and penalties, to now I owe them around $46,000 that is what they are showing.  I got a statement from Accredited Lenders who foreclosed on the first and second and I have paperwork showing that, so Dyck O'Neal bought the debt for pennines on the dollar which Dyck O;Neal has agreed as well.  They know that they cannot sue me because the SOL has run out (3years).  I am trying to buy a house and FHA is telling me that unless I settle with them or have 12 months of payments to them that they won't even consider me!

I am so disheartened and angry about this whole thing.  And to boot, I cannot get a correct answer from anyplace or anyone about when they have to stop harassing me and get off my credit.  As it stands now, it looks like I'll never get a house in my lifetime because they don't HAVE TO GO AWAY.

pLEAE

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hit enter too fast Smiley Happy

anyways, please please someone give me a straight answer to this.  Is it true that they can report forever?  They started at settling for 12m, then 10m then 7m.  I told them I don't have that kind of money and gave them all my debts, etc.  I have no clue what to do.  HELP.....
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.