cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I haven't had much luck PFD, am I doing something wrong?

tag
Madman94044
Regular Contributor

I haven't had much luck PFD, am I doing something wrong?

I was only able to PFD one of five negative accounts, Most CAs were unwilling to negotiate at all. Does anyone think this is because there are recent Mortgage inquiries on my CRs and these CAs figure they'll be PIF as a condition of the loan closing?
Staring Score:EQ 649 TU 647 EX 644
Current Score: EQ 786 TU 699 EX 746
Goal Score: 800
Wallet: SF Fire CU $5000 CL Chase Freedom 4000 CL, Chase MP $5000, WellsFargo $6000 CL, Amex Gold NPSL, Cap1 CashRewards $2500 CL, Amex BCP $12000 Discover More $1200 CSP 18000
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: I haven't had much luck PFD, am I doing something wrong?

Are they still within SOL? I had the best luck with those beyond SOL. It depends on CA. Some are better to pay and then GW. Look up CA here and see which route people r using with them.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Madman94044 wrote:
I was only able to PFD one of five negative accounts, Most CAs were unwilling to negotiate at all. Does anyone think this is because there are recent Mortgage inquiries on my CRs and these CAs figure they'll be PIF as a condition of the loan closing?

If they popped up after your mortgage inquires then yes, that is a strong possibility.    Also as Duncan suggested, some CAs are more open to PFD than others ~ do a search to find out specifics for each one.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 6
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Madman94044 wrote:

PFDs are often luck as well... I mean, I had 19 collection accounts, and I was able to PFD a whopping total of THREE of them....

Some people have 20, and PFD 17...

Some people have 4 and get 0 PFD... It really is the luck of the draw, what company, how good your contact is, ect ect

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 4 of 6
Madman94044
Regular Contributor

They haven't popped up after my mortgage application, unfortunately they've been there for a while, all are past the SOL.  Capital One and Hunter Warfield have been particularly unwilling to PFD, they also represent my the 2 largest derog items on my CR.  I paid Cap One in full today, should help with my utilization as they were reporting the full balance due each month, and I've sent a letter to the OC requesting assistance in dealing with Hunter Warfield, as they've been tough to work with.  All other accounts have been PIF.  I got one to agree to PFD. 

I guess I'll start sending GW letters to each CA or OC that I've paid in full, thanks for the input.

Staring Score:EQ 649 TU 647 EX 644
Current Score: EQ 786 TU 699 EX 746
Goal Score: 800
Wallet: SF Fire CU $5000 CL Chase Freedom 4000 CL, Chase MP $5000, WellsFargo $6000 CL, Amex Gold NPSL, Cap1 CashRewards $2500 CL, Amex BCP $12000 Discover More $1200 CSP 18000
Message 5 of 6
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Madman94044 wrote:

They haven't popped up after my mortgage application, unfortunately they've been there for a while, all are past the SOL.  Capital One and Hunter Warfield have been particularly unwilling to PFD, they also represent my the 2 largest derog items on my CR.  I paid Cap One in full today, should help with my utilization as they were reporting the full balance due each month, and I've sent a letter to the OC requesting assistance in dealing with Hunter Warfield, as they've been tough to work with.  All other accounts have been PIF.  I got one to agree to PFD. 

I guess I'll start sending GW letters to each CA or OC that I've paid in full, thanks for the input.

Hunter Warfield isn't very good with PFD, nor GW.. I just wound up paying them in full... I will PM you with how I got it off my reports.

-sc0tt

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.