FidensPR
Established Member

Re: I hit 734!

Congrats Lasardo!!!

Message 31 of 34
Lasardo
Established Contributor

I have spent some time explaining what a credit builder is and listed the websites available..
If you look up "credit builder" you will find that info.
CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 32 of 34
Lasardo
Established Contributor

Kmathies-

Inquiries-

Send a letter to both the OC and the credit bureau. Use the address on the credit report. The letter to the OC should go something like this..
Your credit inquiry is damaging my credit rating. Provide full documentation regarding the circumstances surrounding your review of Equifax/Ex/TU ( which ever one its on) ss#, pursuant to the permissible purpose provisions of the Fair Credit Reporting Act. The inquiry was placed on my consumer file on this date:
03/2012
If you can not provide such documentation, you are obligated to remove the offending inquiry at once.
Sincerely,
Me

To the credit bureau:

Dear EQ/,EX/TU,

It is your responsibility to ensure that creditors demonstrate clear permissible purpose in accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act before releasing a consumer's credit report.
Demonstrate that the hard inquiry for (creditor) dated March 2012 met this requirement, pursuant to the Act. My Social Security number is :

Otherwise rescind the errant notation immediately.

Sincerely,

Me
Message 33 of 34
Lasardo
Established Contributor

In reference to Inquires,
I found that if you had a situation that you can use sympathy as a means to getting it removed.. Do
For example, A department store stated that as long as I filled out a computerized form I would get 20% off of my purchase, I did not realize it would pull my credit or I didn't care, regardless I had 3 and needed them removed..
I explained that the cashier did not explain that my credit would be pulled and now I am trying to buy a home and the inquiries are impacting my credit..This worked, they asked for a copy of my credit report that they were on and they were removed.

Each situation is different but I hope the above letters help.
Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.