Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hope I did the right thing!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope I did the right thing!

I closed my cp1 secured card today. It was open a little over 2 years with great payment history. I was approved for a qs1 in December and felt like I didn't need the secured account anymore. I'm going to reapply for a non secured cp1 mastercard with a 20% interest rate and a 39 dollar annual fee once my payment posts in two days. I also recently opened a secured card at my local credit union. its a 200 dollar secured line and will go unsecured in 6 months. As you all know cp1 refuses to upgrade secured cards. Do you think I did the right thing?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I hope I did the right thing!

@Anonymous wrote:

I closed my cp1 secured card today. It was open a little over 2 years with great payment history. I was approved for a qs1 in December and felt like I didn't need the secured account anymore. I'm going to reapply for a non secured cp1 mastercard with a 20% interest rate and a 39 dollar annual fee once my payment posts in two days. I also recently opened a secured card at my local credit union. its a 200 dollar secured line and will go unsecured in 6 months. As you all know cp1 refuses to upgrade secured cards. Do you think I did the right thing?

I think you are fine, it will remain on file for up to 10 years post close with good history.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I hope I did the right thing!

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think you are fine, it will remain on file for up to 10 years post close with good history.

Thanks Gdale6, I think my 500 dollar deposit will be put to better use in my credit union savings account.  =]

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.