Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I jumped in...finally.

tag
No1coltsfan
Established Member

I jumped in...finally.

I have been lurking this thread for 2 years. Our credit went in the toliet due job loss, moving for a new job, almost losing our home. Just another American from 2008.

In 2010 we paid/settlted all our accounts. Wish I would have known about pay for delete then, but I did not. I have really been at a loss of what to do despite all the information on here, due really to the overwhelming amount I needed to tackle.

Tonight I decided to just do it. Thanks to some goodwill letter forms on here I typed out 16 Goodwill letters and 1 lingering pay for delete I had forgot about.

They include charge offs, lates, settlted, mortgages, studen loans, you name it. We have been debt free for 2 years but these still haunt us. We have amazing jobs now and want to buy a home soon. No way with what is on there.

My question. When most of these don't delete the bad information, what is my next step? Do I send another? I sent all of them to the address on my credit report in just regular mail. Any other suggestions? Will they all respond.

Thanks for listening and all the posts previously that I have read and helped me make this leap to do this.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

Re: I jumped in...finally.

Bumping this for a more seasoned member.

But I would say NEVER give up. Send the letters certified if you can afford and follow up with phone calls! I really think persistance is key. never hurts to try, as long as we arent being rude or nasty for results Smiley Happy

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....
Message 2 of 9
No1coltsfan
Established Member

Interesting. A phone call? I never thought of that. Who do you call? The 1-800 number? Thanks!

Message 3 of 9
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

I would call the CA's that you sent them to. Maybe you can do a google search for the Chief Financial Officers at each agency and ask to speak to them? If you cant speak to them for whatever reason I would send the letters to them personally. Fax, email...whatever-LOL. Sometimes it can feel pushy, but the worst they can say is no, and even with that you will know that you have done everything in your power to work this out for yourself!

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....
Message 4 of 9
No1coltsfan
Established Member

Thanks for this feedback. Will most of the creditors reply to the goodwill letter?

Message 5 of 9
JuJuBee84
Regular Contributor

I have had great success in emailing my GW letters. I found the CEO/Owner and higher up emails. Usually I received a reply within 1-2 weeks and 90% agreed. If you could PM me what contacts you are looking for, I will see if I have any contact addresses for you.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is what I know (which is very limited compared to the seasoned people on the board).  If your charge offs are from over 24 months ago and have been paid then you can qualify for a mortgage loan as long as your scores are where they need to be.  I am working on getting a USDA Rurual Guarantee loan and they require that there are no new past due debts within the last 12 months.  If your scores are the problem the PFDs will definitely help.  I sent a PFD letter to Chase and they actually refunded all finance charges and late fees which brought my account balance to $-51.00.  They deleted the account from all three credit bureaus and are sending me a check for $51.00.  It is crazy!  I say definitely try GW letters because they are often successful.  

Message 7 of 9
No1coltsfan
Established Member

Thanks for the replies. I did send you a message Smiley Happy

It has not been quite 2 years, but almost. But my score is still only 590. I want to get my score to at least 670 before applying for a loan. Plus, i doubt anyone would even consider us with that score.

I have an account that says Portfolio Recovery, then in the notes it says Citifnancial. I settlted for less then in full. Do I contact citi or Portfolio?

Message 8 of 9
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

I would send GW letters and the PFD

Those you don't  send certified so save that extra $$$

Email is also great I had success with getting Credit One Bank

to remove by sending a GW email.

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.