Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just applied for NASA FCU!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I just applied for NASA FCU!

Do they pull your credit just to open a savings with them?

I was going to join by becoming a NSS member and have a nice sum to drop into a savings there, but just started working on my scores.

Message 11 of 33
elim
Senior Contributor

@785FICOLOVE wrote:

Do they pull your credit just to open a savings with them?

I was going to join by becoming a NSS member and have a nice sum to drop into a savings there, but just started working on my scores.

soft pull to open account and it was another soft pull for my CC denial.

Message 12 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can they deny your savings account request based on negatives in your soft pull? 

I wasn't intending to apply for credit at this time, just looking for a place to park some money and establish a relationship. I am looking to buy or build in the future....no immediate plans.....I won't purchase until I qualify for competive rates and I am sitting on scores above 700.

So you were approved for the account, but declined for the CC?

Message 13 of 33
elim
Senior Contributor

@785FICOLOVE wrote:

Can they deny your savings account request based on negatives in your soft pull? 

I wasn't intending to apply for credit at this time, just looking for a place to park some money and establish a relationship. I am looking to buy or build in the future....no immediate plans.....I won't purchase until I qualify for competive rates and I am sitting on scores above 700.

yes, and they may be getting picky on membership approvals. you might wait a few months and work on removing some negatives and add some positive tradelines to slowly raise your scores.

others can give advice on great Credit Unions that you can join with no pull also. 

Message 14 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the advice. Good point. I wasn't aware that they pulled for new accounts!

Message 15 of 33
Techsavvy
Regular Contributor

Pipeguy,
Any word on your NASA FCU membership approval. Mine is still pending and I haven't received a call or request for docs.
Beginning credit score 3/13 TU 600, EX 601
Current scores 04/15 MYFICO TU 710, EX 699, EQ 663
NFCU Cash Rewards Signature Visa $12,500, Venture $10,000, Venture One $5000, BBVA NBA Amex $3,500, NFL Extra Points World Mastercard $2,500, Sallie Mae Rewards World Mastercard $2,500, Barclay's Reward Mastercard $5,300, Paypal Extras Platinum Mastercard $2,501, Capital One QSI $2,750, Merrick Visa $1100, Discover It $1000, Walmart $6,000, Kohl's $1000, VS $1450, Buckle $1250, Kingsized $1250, HSN $1150, Target $400, TJX Rewards $3500, Chevron $3500
Message 16 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@elim wrote:

@785FICOLOVE wrote:

yes, and they may be getting picky on membership approvals. you might wait a few months and work on removing some negatives and add some positive tradelines to slowly raise your scores.

others can give advice on great Credit Unions that you can join with no pull also. 

I just got instant approval from them, and I've got almost every type of derog there is on my CR, a score just above 500.

Message 17 of 33
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@Techsavvy wrote:
Pipeguy,
Any word on your NASA FCU membership approval. Mine is still pending and I haven't received a call or request for docs.

Still PENDING as of this morning, no idea why it takes weeks and weeks to approve me adding a deposit savings account....

Message 18 of 33
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@Techsavvy wrote:
Pipeguy,

I sent them an email today "really? 3 weeks to be approved for a share savings account? Is this normal for NASA CU ?" (something like that)

Go figure, my deposit share account was approved today November 6th after applying October 15th

For now I'm just going to deposit a couple hundred into the account and let it sit for a while - not even going to think about a LOC or Visa, which I don't need anyway.

Message 19 of 33
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@pipeguy wrote:

@Techsavvy wrote:
Pipeguy,

I sent them an email today "really? 3 weeks to be approved for a share savings account? Is this normal for NASA CU ?" (something like that)

Go figure, my deposit share account was approved today November 6th after applying October 15th

For now I'm just going to deposit a couple hundred into the account and let it sit for a while - not even going to think about a LOC or Visa, which I don't need anyway.

Glad to hear you finally got it resolved, sounds like it must have gotten lost in the shuffle going on over there.

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.