Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just don't understand

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just don't understand

Hello,

I recently checked my score and with TU showing 570 and with Equifax showing 615. I have around 7 credit cards that are paid every month and not using the credit limit and recently an installments. My car is always paid on time too. It's been about 5 months now and not really going up. I did have an old collection from 12/2013 for $301 through Charter. Should I pay that and could that be why its not going up. I did have some paid collections from 2012-2013 and not sure if that is dinging as well. Please let me know your thoughts. Much appriecatied

Foxylatina

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
dursty87
Established Contributor

Re: I just don't understand

Yes the collection is holding your score down. Have you sent a dv for that specific collection? As gdale would say that is your first step when tackling collection agencies.

Also, since you have paid the other collections, have you tried sending GW letters to them??
Message 2 of 8
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Those recent collections are probably holding you back. 

Call Charter and ask them if they will accept a payment for a deletion.  Get ir in writing, if possible. 

The collections from 2012/2013 are still pretty recent.  Are these medical collections or other?  If medical, google HIPPA process and follow it.  If not, all you can do is beg for forgiveness....and ask for goodwill deletion.  Keep asking!!!!! 

It may help to list the collections line by line so you can get more direction.  Some posters may have contact informatiion or advice for those particular collection agencies.

Credit Cards:  Let one card post 9%. 

Don't do anything until asking......

Welcome to the forum!

Message 3 of 8
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

p.s.  as for the Charter....they have validated that it's yours, correct? 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. that is correct for Charter.

Message 5 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes. that is correct for Charter.

Ok, then follow what FISHBJC has said for that TL. You want to start GW letters to the paid CAs as suggested as well.

Welcome to MF Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys! I will follow that advice. Smiley Happy 

Message 7 of 8
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Smiley Very Happy  REMEMBER....keep sending gw letters until someone says YES.  It's only going to cost you one stamp!  Don't accept NO for an answer!

Use the 'puke method'....bug them until they're sick of hearing from you.  These positions change around...a lot.  There is always the possibility of reaching someone new.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.