Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just messed up

tag
JPeanut503
Frequent Contributor

I just messed up

So I've been working hard on both mine and my husbands credit since March/April of this year. We have come a long way and I was getting a little anxious. So I went to the Cap1 pre-approval sight and was pre-approved for both the Quicksilver and the Platinum. I went back and forth with myself on whether or not I should apply for one or not...this was the first time in the journey that I got an approval message and for both cards I thought it was sure thing (which I know it's true; but I'm sure you know what I mean). And low and behold I got a flat out denial, not a 7-10 day message a DENIAL!! So I immediatley called the backdoor number and the man told me yes it was denied and I woudl receive a letter in the mail and he did not know why it had been denied only I would know that once I received the letter. There was nothing he could do and for me to check my credit reports, LOL.....I do that all the time Smiley Happy So anyway I just took a hard hit for NOTHING and I am so mad at myself for giving in to temptation!! Smiley Sad

Hopefully the hit doesn't hurt too bad.....I should have stayed in the garden as planned. 

Beginning myfico score watch 608 (4/4/14)
EQ 652 (9/17/14) myfico
TU 641 (9/17/14) myfico
EX 671 (9/17/14) myfico
**Goal Score: 700 across the board
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I just messed up

I know how you feel.  Don't beat yourself up.  Easier said than done, I know.  Do you have cards with Cap 1 already?  Wondering what could have made them deny you if they preapproved first?  Seems you wouldn't have even gotten that if there was a major problem.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I just messed up

I know inquiries are notated on our credit report, but are we saying here that being denied shows up as well? If so, I wasn't aware of that and it's good to know. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.