New Contributor
Paperboy999

Re: I just received a summons..

you don't say what state you are in i know here in NY anyone can serve papers you only need to be lincensed to serve in NYC. There are some states where you need to be served by a sheriff, conneticut is one. 

i would go down to the court house and they will have information for you on how to file an answer. what ever you do , don't ignore it.

11/09 EX 564
10/12 EX 673 TU 674
1/13 TU 686
2/13 EX 701
Goal 750+
Senior Contributor
Booner72

Don't ignore. Show up if there is a court date. Ask for a new date to get an attorney to buy you some time.
STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
guardsman54672

Same happened to me.  Same Law Firm, same state, Springfield District Court.  I responded to the claim immediately and heard nothing from the law firm within the 60 days prior to the court date.  At hearing, attorney claimed to be representing a client, citibank, and the magistrate accepted that without question.  Fact is, the attorney exemption, defined in the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) was repealed, and that Law Firm is a debt collection agent.  I am now trying to organize a class action suite against LGW, P.C. or find if one has been initiated and with which law firm.

New Visitor
Vhani

Hi ,  I just  have a question  regarding a court  summons  filed by  Midland  Funding . On the day when I received the summon  I called  Midland  Funding  and  make  an arrangement to  pay  $ 100 a month. Until it's paid off.  My question is  do I have to show  up  in court  even  though I made  an arrangement ?  On the summons  there  isn't  a court date? Please help me! Thank you

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+