Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just want to cry!!! 7 negatives on my credit report :( :( :(

tag
kenworthguy
Regular Contributor

Re: I just want to cry!!! 7 negatives on my credit report :( :( :(

Hi glamchick - sorry i can't help you with your credit problem but i think i can about the feelings of giving up. Just a few days ago, i was ready to throw in the towel and give up, A couple days after i started feeling like that, i received an increase on my EQ score, but i didn't feel that was good enough, I posted in here about feeling depressed and giving up and some of the nice people in here told me not to give up, I half heartedly listened to them and 2 days later, I recieved another increase. now i am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. so while it may look and feel bad right now, it will get better, you made a great start by coming in here, you couldn't ask for much better help. Find the positives in your life and build on them and i am confident that in a matter of time, you will be back on top of the world again, TIME TIME and more TIME is what it's going to take.Stay positive and the best of luck to you.

Message 11 of 13
MYFICOisWACKO2
Contributor

@rckstrscott wrote:

Let me preface, I worked from JPMorganChase Commercial Client services for 5 years, so I am slighly prejudice towards these sorts of situations when banks get blamed for botched payments. (yes, also terribly ironic that I am in fact horrible with my personal finances Smiley Happy

First off, if the payment happened it shouldn't be a problem getting some form of documentation indicating it happened. If you are unable to provide that, then one would have to assume you either cannot get the documentation or you have it and you see that it did not process. Second, paid confirmations, especially ACH debit transactions have a lead time. For example; last night I processed a payment for Capital One. I did it with my checking account. I got a paid confirmation number, but it also indicated while making the payment that it will not be processed until midnight. ACH does not do a prenote. It does not check to see if the funds are there. Usually, it will just make sure the routing number is tied to an active bank and that the account number is the right length. If I pulled all my funds out, that payment would not go through. But I still have the confirmation number saying it did. Doesn't mean it was paid. I know I am not in the minority when I say I check to make sure each and every bill I send out has processed. My credit score was 502 a year ago. That wasn't by accident. I was really poor with managing my finances, I made lots of mistakes, I did foolish things. I checked this morning to make sure that payment processed. If it hadn't I would have waited a day and started making my calls then. It is because I have done very similar things in the past to what you are experiencing now.

You didn't check to see if the funds came out, and cannot provide paperwork. They have sophisticated systems and a lack of paper trail. They probably know exactly what happened, where as you are guessing. This isn't a case of 'somebody bringing you down', this is a case of losing track of your money.

I am not trying to point fingers. This is a crappy situation. I am sympathetic to your feelings.

In regards to removing the lates, if this just recently has been discovered, they may not be willing to work with you but in a year or so, they may be more receptive as you have built a good recent history with them again.

-scott

Can the church say AMEN!  I am with you on this one.  Sorry but we do have a level of accountability.  Responsibility is NOT transferable.

myFICOisNOTWACKO but MYFICOisWACKO get it?!?
6.18.2011Lender pull:
EX-640 Fair Issac V2/TUClassic 04-658/EQ Beacon 5-741
5.20.2011 myFICO pulls:
TU 789 EQ 727
Closed on home 6/27/2011! 180K 4.625% Thanks myFICO!
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey GlamChick...don't get yourself all down. I was once in a similar situation as you dealing with Sallie Mae; and my scores dropped to the low 400s. I GW'd them until I thought I couldn't GW them anymore. Then I started searching the internet to see if anyone was successful getting their Sallie Mae delinquencies removed from their CRs; and I found 1 person who was but it was because he was in the military. Unfortunately for you, you are not (unless you are and haven't said anything). Fortunately for me, I was overseas working for the Military as a Contractor. I sent a GW to a top executive there pleading my case, and less than a month later I got a phone call from someone regarding my letter. I explained my situation to her and she said that she would see what she could do and call me back. When I spoke to her again I literally cried! She told me that they were removing all of the delinquencies from my CRs and would send me a letter stating so. I checked my CRs within 30 days after speaking to her and they were not only gone...but my scores had increased tremendously. So do not give up hope. I seriously suggest that you go online and find out who the current top execs are and send out GWs and let them know that it was not your intention to become delinquent that the bad marks are hurting you mentally as well as in the employment world...or whatever. Hopefully someone will be sympathetic enough to help you out.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.