Started on this journey last Aug 2016

EQ: 593

Transunion:552

Experian:597

Now:

EQ:589

Transunion:607

Experian:616

4 Late Payments 30+ DaysNumber of your accounts that were ever 30 or more days late, or have a derogatory indicator  

32 Months Since Most Recent Late PaymentYour most recent late payment

total revolving/open account balances of 2,258 that needs to be paid down.

I have over 43 inquires on EQ, 24 Inquries on Transunion, and 32 Experian. I am bad at gardening.

33 Average Age of AccountsThe average age of your accounts in months  

I still have 2 collections on the report. Paid one back in April. Waiting for the collection to drop off. I just got approved for Total Visa and The First Access Visa.

How to raise my scores in the next 6 months to get approved for a mortage?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: I keep messing up!!

GW the lates and paid collection, pay the cards down and let them age. Try to get a PFD for the last collection, if not pay/settle and then GW.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pay off your credit card balances to zero except for one card which should have 1-9% utilization.

Stop applying for credit.  Just stop.  Your inquiries are going to freak out underwriters for any loan or credit product -- and those won't go away for 2 years after inquiry.  The last thing you want on your reports are more inquiries.

Don't pay collections off without a PFD.  If the underwriter tells you to pay them, THEN pay them.  No PFD, no pay, unless the  underwriter demands it.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Pay off your credit card balances to zero except for one card which should have 1-9% utilization.

Stop applying for credit.  Just stop.  Your inquiries are going to freak out underwriters for any loan or credit product -- and those won't go away for 2 years after inquiry.  The last thing you want on your reports are more inquiries.

Don't pay collections off without a PFD.  If the underwriter tells you to pay them, THEN pay them.  No PFD, no pay, unless the  underwriter demands it.

This! Especially if you already have 30 day lates ... you have to manage the credit you have, first. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.