cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I know it's a marathon and not a sprint but here's what I did...

tag
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Re: I know it's a marathon and not a sprint but here's what I did...

@Anonymous wrote:

I already stated that the gameplan was to garden a few posts ago. 

Aggressive isnt bad... my scores have only increased.  When a lender sees 50k in my bank account, 10% utilitzation on a total 5k in revolving credit..... youre right he probably thinks im desperate. ***sarcasm***

Again youre taking general rules of thumb and applying them where they shouldnt be applied. 

LOL... so now you are a credit expert with your wallet full of predatory and/or garbage toy limit credit lines?

I think Norman pretty much summed it up....

@Anonymous wrote:

Here's the deal - getting a mortgage is far more than simply having a certain score. Mortgages go through manual underwriting where a HUMAN pours through your reports. He is going to see a ton of toy limit cards, with the potential for spiraling out of control VERY quickly. He may see you have had earlier issues with missed payments on your SL. To an experienced underwriter, you will look like a train wreck waiting to happen.

Don't get me wrong - there is nothing inherently "wrong" with having 20+ credit lines - IF they are well seasoned lines with decent limits and some "age". But 20 toy limit lines, some secured, some predator lenders,  all opened within a very short time period, barely a year old? That, my friend is a huge red flag, IMO, and a sign of someone inexpreienced with managing credit.

Let us know how the mortgage loan works out...

My bet is the UW laughs you out of the office.  *not sarcasm*

Good luck to you sir.  Smiley Wink

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 41 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

When I was in the process of buying my home the lender who was underwriting my mortgage was actually glad to see that I didn't have a lot of open credit compared to my income, because a lot of open credit with a lower income means I can randomly go on a spending spree and then not have the income to pay it all off.

We all have different goals, I get that, but what I'd worry about is happens when I've gotten my scores up, I'm house hunting and I realize that maybe I should close some of those cards? How will that impact my score and look to a lender?

but idk, credit cards have always scared the hell out of me, so I've never been one to have more than 3.

"Im house hunting and I realize that maybe I should close some of those cards?" ...  you dont close them while you're hunting! 6 figures.... and my highest limit is $750.... im sure it's going to have my lender shaking like a willow tree. 

I dont care what the UW is happy or not happy to see, maybe he was just giving you  water-cooler-talk. You came in with money and the scores you needed for him to underwrite you. 

With six figures it shouldn't be difficult to come up with a sizable down payment, you don't need stellar scores when you're putting hard cash down.

Message 42 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

TRC... When it closes be sure you send your girl over to come polish me off haha. Not sarcasm.

VCA, this is true but I live in a large city so real estate is pretty costly. Down payment isn't an issue but why not take advantage of an FHA loan when you can. As I stated in earlier posts I have the ability to buy a condo outright in cash and I've thought about buying property in cash, renting said property and pulling out equity through lender (which I have clearance from a lender to do already! I'm a realtor I have wayyyyyyy more lenders at my disposal than an average person). For non-owner occupied you're looking at getting no more than 75% equity out of the building.

However FHA, allows you to finance at 3.5% as long as you meet some basic criteria.

Great leverage on your money for a 30yr fixed, despite PMI.

So FHA allows you to keep more cash on hand. I'm a realtor and I get 2.5% commission in sale price. 1% leverage.... Holy cow. My scores are FHA approvable already I just wanted to boost my score before I close on a property this winter (when home prices drop). ***gamesmanship*** those new lines don't really look as fresh ***gamesmanship*** I wanted more unblemished trade lines.

Now honestly, can any of the commenters say they had this set of equations? Probably not.

This is what I've done to get from point A to B.
Message 43 of 53
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
TRC... When it closes be sure you send your girl over to come polish me off haha. Not sarcasm.

Hahaha... it's a good thing I don't take internet trolls seriously.

BTW... my girl wouldn't have anything to do with you... I just flashed her your spectacular lineup of garbage credit cards...

opened in May 2015

1) first premier CL $300 unsecured 

2)  open sky $250 secured

3) another First Progress card $300 secure

4) primor $200 secured

5) credit one $400 unsecured 

6) total visa $300 unsecured 

7) first access $300 secured 

8) unity $250 secured 

9) capital one $200 secured 

10) fingerhut fresh start acct (it's an installment loan/acct at this time) 

opened in June 2015

11) Kay credit $750

12) Jared credit $750

13) express $250

14) Victoria secret $350 (hahaha I'm an "angel" hahahahah sidebar I'm a dude ) 

She LOL'ed.  *not sarcasm*

Hopefully a mod will come along and lock this thread and you'll find somewhere else to troll.

NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Message 44 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

**Gamesmanship**  is to  BrokerBiz

as

"Winning" is to Charlie Sheen.

Hey, are you really Charlie? Smiley Happy

Message 45 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Safe to say I make more than you, and my car is nicer than yours... She'll ride with me. Happens every day, seriously.

You're bent over backwards trying to get Credit limits...
You think as small as your wage.
I'm a commercial realtor in one of the largest cities in the country.... The CCs you dawn over mean nothing to me, I don't need credit cards. I have them solely for TLs as stated in earlier posts.
Message 46 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sheen is also rich... Continue lol
Message 47 of 53
tiger_uppercut
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Safe to say I make more than you, and my car is nicer than yours... She'll ride with me. Happens every day, seriously.

I'm a commercial realtor in one of the largest cities in the country.... The CCs you dawn over mean nothing to me, I don't need credit cards. I have them solely for TLs as stated in earlier posts.

Seriously? Grow up. You posted in a forum dedicated to helping people rebuild. Seasoned veterans (with higher scores and better cards than you) offered their advice in terms of moving forward from your crap spree and you reacted like a child and continue to do so. Is this really what you want to contribute to this forum? "Polishing" you off? Talking about getting someone else's girl because of your car and your money? Gross. You sound like a lovely person. News flash, there's always someone smarter, better looking, who makes more money than you out there. So don't be a dick - especially on an internet forum. I mean, it's the definition of pathetic.

REGARDLESS of your personal attacks, your method is not one I'd ever consider taking because it's not necessary and leaves you with a wallet full of craptastic junk cards. I wouldn't even want half of those to show up on my credit report.

Message 48 of 53
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

All I see is a registered date of 6/10/15 with 21 posts.

Troll elsewhere.

By the way, I'll call your bluff about the car.  Here's mine...

IMG_2390b.jpgIMG_2359.JPGIMG_2305.JPG11147093_628622930602202_7299771919141010516_n.jpgIMG_2263.JPG

Please share what car your credit portfolio that is full of $300 garbage credit cards has you driving...

**bleep**ing troll.

Message 49 of 53
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@tiger_uppercut wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Seriously? Grow up. You posted in a forum dedicated to helping people rebuild. Seasoned veterans (with higher scores and better cards than you) offered their advice in terms of moving forward from your crap spree and you reacted like a child and continue to do so. Is this really what you want to contribute to this forum? "Polishing" you off? Talking about getting someone else's girl because of your car and your money? Gross. You sound like a lovely person. News flash, there's always someone smarter, better looking, who makes more money than you out there. So don't be a dick - especially on an internet forum. I mean, it's the definition of pathetic.

REGARDLESS of your personal attacks, your method is not one I'd ever consider taking because it's not necessary and leaves you with a wallet full of craptastic junk cards. I wouldn't even want half of those to show up on my credit report.

Amen to that.

Mods seriously need to lock this thread. 

The troll got me to bite once... unfortunately.  Won't happen again.

Message 50 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.