cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I know it's a marathon and not a sprint but here's what I did...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I know it's a marathon and not a sprint but here's what I did...

Thats why we recommend avoiding the vulture lenders entirely *when possible*. And if you do find them to be necessary, keep them only until you can get something less predatory, and then kick them to the curb before annual fee time rolls around. Don't feed the vultures and they will eventually die off.

+1,000,000

I had to have a Credit1 to start with since I was rebuilding.  I paid it on time for 3 months (they even gave me a CLI). My credit hit and I was able to get a QS1, a Venture, and a Chase Freedom within a few months.  I just recently PCd my QS1 to QS and dropped their annual fee just by chatting (something I read about here).

I turned $600 with Credit One into $23k in CLs in about 6 months while making on time payments.  Now I'm using credit to help my wife clean up her reports and look forward to buying a house early next year.  I even started getting mail offers for no AF cards.  You can do it.

By the way, Credit One AF comes due in November.  I will cancel that card in September!  Good Luck to YOU!

Message 51 of 53
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Thread is locked and under Moderator review

gdale6

My Fico Moderator

Message 52 of 53
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@gdale6 wrote:

Thread is locked and under Moderator review

gdale6

My Fico Moderator

Upon moderator review, we have determined that this thread contains several instances of inappropriate content, including:

• "Bombing” FICO Forums or individual threads with repetitive or meaningless postings, postings unrelated to the purpose of FICO Forums

• Attacks, including “Flaming” another user or entity in such a way as to incite or perpetuate an argument or conflict 

Further instances of TOS violation may lead to removal of posts and/or supension/loss of posting privileges by the members responsible for inappropriate content.   We respectfuly request that you follow the Forum's TOS in order to keep order.

TOS:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/myFICO-Forums-Terms-of-Service/td-p/4

This thread will remain closed from further response.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 53 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.