cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I know this has prob been asked before but...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this has prob been asked before but...

If Equifax concludes that a debt is yours(a collection account) does that mean that the CA reporting is the one who really does own it? Would I still DV to make sure the CA owns the debt? I realize now I should have DV'd the CA but I had a major brain breakdown on this one...it happens Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: I know this has prob been asked before but...

@Anonymous wrote:

If Equifax concludes that a debt is yours(a collection account) does that mean that the CA reporting is the one who really does own it?   no, CA's can report if they own it or if it's only assigned to them by the OC.

Would I still DV to make sure the CA owns the debt? Yes you can DV the CA. Or contact the OC and ask if they still own it or was it sold to a CA.

I realize now I should have DV'd the CA but I had a major brain breakdown on this one...it happens Smiley Sad

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I know this has prob been asked before but...

ok-thanks LIGHTNIN  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.