cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I know ya'll are tired of critiquing GW letters but.....:)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know ya'll are tired of critiquing GW letters but.....:)

Dear Stellar Recovery:

I am writing to see if you would be willing to make a "goodwill" adjustment to your reporting to the three credit agencies. I closed out my account with Time Warner Cable sometime in 2014. At the time I really could no longer afford cable television so I had to let it go. I have since brought that account to a zero balance. I sent a debit validation to you in early May 2015. You adjusted the balance to $122 on my Experian report on May 17, 2015. TransUnion and Equifax still reflect a balance of $350. Upon seeing that there was still a balance I contacted Time Warner to inquire as to why. I was informed of two modems that had not been returned. I found and promptly returned the items to bring this account to a zero balance.

I have grown a lot in regards to my finances and have worked hard to improve my credit rating over the last few years. I pay my bills on time and take care of anything that may have fallen through the cracks immediately upon knowledge of it. Such as was the case when to my dismay I received an alert from my credit management service notifying me of your entry on the three credit bureaus. I fixed the problem immediately. Enclosed you will find copies of my receipt for the returned equipment, a zero balance bill that Time Warner recently sent, and excepts from my most recent chat with Time Warner confirming there is no balance on the account. I sincerely hope that Stellar Recovery is willing to work with me on erasing this mark from my credit reports.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review my request.

Sincerely,

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I know ya'll are tired of critiquing GW letters but.....:)

Good job. I believe you mean "excerpt", not "excepts". I'd also fix the sentence starting with: "Such as was the case........"
Just trying to help, not being a **bleep**. Good luck !!!!
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good catch on excepts. LOL! I'll fix that. Thanks for the tips. I love this forum.

@Anonymous wrote:
Good job. I believe you mean "excerpt", not "excepts". I'd also fix the sentence starting with: "Such as was the case........"
Just trying to help, not being a **bleep**. Good luck !!
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You go girl !!!
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck!

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let us know if it works. If it does, I may try it out with them as well... or wait 5 more years. Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I filled a BBB complaint instead. I filled the complaint in the morning. By the time I went to lunch they wrote back setting to remove the entry from all of my credit reports. Now I'm just waiting on it to happen. It's only been a week.
Message 7 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I'm confused......

If admitting the debt and seeking their goodwill, why would you file a complaint with the BBB?

Normally, that would likely kill any goodwill on their part.

What was the basis for your assertion of a bad business practice on their part?

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm interested in hearing how you were successful in doing this? 

Message 9 of 10
J91605
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! It may not be the move most of us would have suggested but hey it worked!

Starting Score: 6/30/15 EQ 554 TU 534 EX 608
Current Score: EQ 630 TU 635 EX 653
Goal Score: 680 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.