Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I love Capital One

tag
Rebuilder2016
Contributor

I love Capital One

62 days and CLI on Platnium Card from $500 to $1500!!!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I love Capital One

Indeed, they are one of the best.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a secured card with Capital One.  How many statements should I wait until applying for an unsecured card?

Message 3 of 9
kjm79
Valued Contributor

@Rebuilder2016 wrote:
62 days and CLI on Platnium Card from $500 to $1500!!!

Rebuilder,

I bet you have a strong chance of PC'ing your Platinum to the Quicksilver. You should try it. Go online and open up a chat sesson with a rep. Tell them you wanted to see if there was an offer to upgrade your Platinum to the Quicksilver.  It takes 5 mins, maybe, and no hard pull.  The Quicksilver will give you rewards and no AF. Their Quicksilver is one of their "prime" cards and will grow much more than one of the "sub prime" cards, like the Platinum.

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 4 of 9
Rebuilder2016
Contributor

Thank you!!! Should I combine my QS 1 with my Platinum before I try this? Also I'm in credit steps program and will receive auto increase at six months...Should I wait?
Message 5 of 9
kjm79
Valued Contributor

No. It won't mess with your credit steps CLI. I'd try to PC the Platinum to the QS. You keep the same account number and account opening date, you just get a better card. Then when you get the QS combine the QS One into the QS.

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

kjm79 wrote:
No. It won't mess with your credit steps CLI. I'd try to PC the Platinum to the QS. You keep the same account number and account opening date, you just get a better card. Then when you get the QS combine the QS One into the QS.

+1

EXACTAMUNDO!!!

That is the process to a tee.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome!!!! I just got my Platinum and my QS1 in the mail this month. Both have $500 limits i plan to run every penny i can thru them both in 60 days to hoepfully hep me when i hit that LUV button!!! Congrats again!!!

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome. In my younger days, I had Cap1 and messed up. Took care of it, and 7 years later I am trying to rebuild. I am at a very good stage in my career. I have the Platinum Mastercard. Hoping to get a CLI ( just to have, not to use) within 6-8 months. Thanks to Cap1 for giving me a second chance, trying to rebuild my credit now that I am married with a career (and not 18 and stupid).

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.