Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I love NFCU!!!!

tag
ghostVetFL
New Contributor

I love NFCU!!!!

Credit Cards

I have been reading these forums ever since my wife and I filed for ch 7 bk in Nov 2010. We were discharged Feb 24, 2011... The rebuilding process was pretty slow at first. I think we were both only able to get First Premier CC, secured Capital One CC and Orchard bank CC. The limits were pretty low so we could really leave money on them or it would kill our credit scores. We also applied for the Military Star card and was approved for $3200.. now $3900. After a little time (Jan 2012) I was approved for a Credit One Card with a limit of $500. Still low but it was better then what I had. Next (Aug 2012) came the Barclaycard for $500 and a unsecured Capital One for $500. Late to the party was Merrick bank. They had sent me a few letters in the mail before I finally decided to bit the bullet and apply. They give me 1k and will increase it to 2k after 6 months of on time payments. 

Auto Loans

We were able to get our first car loan with GM Financial a month after discharge for 25k for a Chevy Camaro. In October of the same year (2011) we were able to get another loan thru them for 54k for a Chevy Suburban (the interest rate was pretty high for these two loans but we didn't care because it was helping rebuild our credit). In May 2012 my wife decided to trade her Camaro in for a Lexus and we were approved for 56k thru Lexus Financial. Today I was approved thru NFCU for 75k for a new Jaguar. I was super surprised how helpful they were and for approving the loan with no down payment. They nice lady told me that I should apply for one of their CC sometime soon. I was a little nervous at first to do so because I was denied by them before during my first few months out of bk. Anyway I applied and got the we are reviewing your application screen. Super nervous now I called to check on it after an hour and she told me I was approved for 1k. Its not as much as what most people get but I was pretty happy with it because I only have one other card with that amount. Hopefully after showing them good habits for the next 6 months we can get a CLI.

NFCU really did take care of us and I think I'm going to switch my banking from USAA to them. We have been with them for almost 10 years and they have never approved us for any of their products. Anyway I also want to thank a lot of the posters on here because I was able to start rebuilding my credit because of some of the stories I read on here. Our scores aren't the best yet but I'm happy about the path we are on... Also know I need to stop with the inquires for a little while Smiley Tongue.... because they are a little high right now. Anyway good luck to everyone else out there. BK can be crushing to you but you can claim out the hole with help from these forums.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
js0319
Established Contributor

Re: I love NFCU!!!!

That's great to be able to get that kind of credit with NFCU! However, financing 4 cars in just under 2 years, especially after BK? I think that's moving a little too fast...

AMEX PRG - NPSL I AMEX Everyday Preferred - $34.8k I Capital One Venture - $20k I Chase Sapphire Preferred - $25.5k I Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier - $20.7k I Barclay Arrival + - $10k I Capital One Quicksilver - $10k I NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa Signature - $15k I NASA FCU - $10k I Texell FCU Visa - $5k I Chase Freedom - $9.9k I Citi Double Cash - $7.8k I Discover IT - $5k I NFCU CLOC - $15k I Total Unsecured Credit - $188,700

EQ FICO - 714 (5/24/16) I TU FICO - 772 (5/24/16) I EX FICO - 770 (5/24/16)
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.