Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I love this group.

tag
Sass2009
Valued Member

I love this group.

A little over a year ago I applied for an apartment and was turned down because of my credit. I was depressed about this and found this community of amazing folks. Once I bought my credit scores I realized that there were some major errors and worked on getting pfd's for two of my baddies. In the midst of trying to improve my score I was hit with a judgement from nys department of finance. I thought game over and my credit will not improve. After doing some research I found an advocacy group that was set up by the state and they helped me get the judgement vacated. A few days ago I applied for the apartment again and passed the credit check and moving onto the interview phase. I pay all my bills on time and love that my credit is getting better day by day. My score at times was in the high 400s. Today the are all in the mid 600s. I have some baddies coming off at the end of the year. I have gw's in with my school loans. I just want folks who may feel overwhelmed by building your credit to take the journey one day at a time. Read through different post. Create a plan of attack and stick with it. What I get out of this journey of building credit is that I live by budget, pay all bills online, will not get more credit than I need. Thanks to everyone in this community. Feeling very grateful for this forum.

Starting Score: 512
Current Score: 651
Goal Score: 700 Club

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

4/2012 - EX: 512, TU: 527, EQ: 530
02/13: TU: 628 EQ: 678 EX: 632 (FAKO)
Get in the 700 Club in 2013
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
notyours
Contributor

Re: I love this group.

Agreed. Congrats
GW success 30 day late removed from 2 store accounts.
waiting on Citibank SL GW response --
Message 2 of 9
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

@Sass2009 wrote:
A little over a year ago I applied for an apartment and was turned down because of my credit. I was depressed about this and found this community of amazing folks. Once I bought my credit scores I realized that there were some major errors and worked on getting pfd's for two of my baddies. In the midst of trying to improve my score I was hit with a judgement from nys department of finance. I thought game over and my credit will not improve. After doing some research I found an advocacy group that was set up by the state and they helped me get the judgement vacated. A few days ago I applied for the apartment again and passed the credit check and moving onto the interview phase. I pay all my bills on time and love that my credit is getting better day by day. My score at times was in the high 400s. Today the are all in the mid 600s. I have some baddies coming off at the end of the year. I have gw's in with my school loans. I just want folks who may feel overwhelmed by building your credit to take the journey one day at a time. Read through different post. Create a plan of attack and stick with it. What I get out of this journey of building credit is that I live by budget, pay all bills online, will not get more credit than I need. Thanks to everyone in this community. Feeling very grateful for this forum.

^ What Sass said ^

Message 3 of 9
Demetri98
Established Member

Do you mind sharing the advocacy group information or how you went about having judgement vacated? Currently in the same situation with a paid NYS tax lien on credit report. Congrats on your efforts! Hope to one day have a similar success story.
Message 4 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Happy dance!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 9
ryox03
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your success. As stated above, could you share the information on that group? I reside in NYS as well.

Much appreciated!

$1,000 Amex ED, Amex PRG- NPSL,$5,000 Quicksilver Visa, $3750 CO Quicksilver One, $3,300 BarclayCard Rewards,$2000 Paypal Credit, $3500 Walmart, $1700 Target. $5000 Kay Jewlers, $3500 Amazon Prime Store Card, $1,600 Discover IT

652 EQ 661 TU 650 EX 4/19/2016
Message 6 of 9
Sass2009
Valued Member

Here is the taxpayer advocacy organization I was talking about. http://www.tax.ny.gov/tra/

Starting Score: 512
Current Score: 651
Goal Score: 700 Club

4/2012 - EX: 512, TU: 527, EQ: 530
02/13: TU: 628 EQ: 678 EX: 632 (FAKO)
Get in the 700 Club in 2013
Message 7 of 9
Demetri98
Established Member

Thanks! 

Message 8 of 9
SLR72689
Frequent Contributor

Just found these forums and am LOVING everything I'm getting from there.

My credit is currently stressing me out to no end as I'm trying to get an apartment and cannot because of my credit. Hoping to rebuild!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.