Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I love this "credit game"

tag
Lasardo
Established Contributor

I love this "credit game"

I started this game 1 year ago but did not get serious until January. I started with 36 accounts, all negative, 27 reporting on the credit bureau, 2 judgments. My success so far: I did post a "success so far" but no one has read it probably because it was all condensed due to an iPad and it was a ton of info. As of today one more came off of my experian, AFNI I am happy to report NONE on TU ad EQ !!!!!!!!! Experian has 4 left but those will be paid by months end and one I am fighting because it is UNIQUE NATIONAL COLLECTIONS and if any one knows about them then they know they are just $&£*# s .Lucky for me it expires in December, regardless there still is work to be done. The majority was medical but still it was A LOT of work but I have LOVED it!! It has become such a game for me. I am not sure what I will do with myself when this is all done.. Anyone want to hire me ??? Lol I love getting a report that I have one more thing drop off, I love getting a report of a new score, I love learning all the in's and outs of this minefield referred to as credit. By months end I should see my new score, I can not wait!!! I was applied as an AU to a card so my score should reflect that. Myfico had been invaluable, it can be done!! Oh and P.S.. If anyone has advise on getting inquiry's removed let me know.
CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Lasardo
Established Contributor

Re: I love this "credit game"

Forgot to hit "email me" dah ..
Message 2 of 7
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

@Lasardo wrote:
Forgot to hit "email me" dah ..

It does feel like a game at times haha I have only been disputing and cleaning up my report for a few months, but I changed my financial habits about 2 1/2 years ago. Deciding never to pay late, and to take care of old debt. While I didnt have a ton of bad things, what I did have was mostly bad.

Now im up over 200 points from 2 years ago, and still climbing. I have one final judgement Im trying to get removed, and after that, Im done. Just going to garden my score Smiley Happy

Congrats on your success and keep working at it! Some lessons learned here have helped my understanding and will prevent past mistakes I've had.

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 3 of 7
hdrider07
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your progress!  Im curious, how did you get your judgments off EX?

Message 4 of 7
Lasardo
Established Contributor

Starkey, congratulations on your success! You deserve a big pat on the back! I have changed my habits also and NEVER will I go back to the way I was. (although I actually had NO credit) Hdrider- I just disputed the judgment, I believe they had an old address that I did not recognize, it was finally removed from experian and TU and EQ..Good luck
Message 5 of 7
Lasardo
Established Contributor

Sorry for the delay rider. Those judgments came off after an initial dispute..but I can not help but wonder if I am close to the 7 year mark and they just did not respond to the DV
Message 6 of 7
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

@Lasardo wrote:
If anyone has advise on getting inquiry's removed let me know.

If the inquiries had a permissible business purpose, no dice.  You're stuck.  If you never authorized them or if they were coded improperly (showing as a hard when it should have been a soft), you have to contact the OC and ask them to have it removed. 

I had 2 on TU and 1 on EQ that were not authorized.  The 2 on TU, I received a letter right away from the OC acknowledging their mistake and asking TU to remove them.  TU refused, even after receiving them faxed directly from the OC as well as copies from me.  I called the OC and they called TU, but still only one was removed.  I'm BBBing TU on the 2nd one as it's not the OC's fault.

On EQ, it IS the OC's fault, they are even outright telling me that they placed no such inquiry when I'm looking right at it on my report.  My patience is limited with nonsense, so I'm BBBing the OC on this one.

Again, though, these were not permissible business purpose, so I have a leg to stand on.

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.