Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I love you, Equifax.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love you, Equifax.

Did a lot of work overall in the past several months; My scores were around the low 400s earlier this year. Managed to get almost all of the collections on my reports removed except for one, and some lates on my student loans were there as well.

I rehabbed the student loans with Nelnet but they are refusing to update the credit bureaus and delete the lates. So I did their work for them and disputed those loans and the single collection I had (A broken lease thanks to a deadbeat roommate for about $3600 from 2010) with RentDebt. Just got the results today from Equifax; RentDebt, deleted completely. The student loans didn't have all of the lates removed, but the most recent ones are gone, backdating those loans to show no late payments for the past ~2 years.

Hopefully TU and EX follow suit. I'm betting that'll be a huge boost to my EQ score, and I'd like them all to get that boost.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I love you, Equifax.

If you rehabbed, the lates "should" be removed since you are no longer in default - At least the ones prior to the completetion of rehabilitation. I just went through the process earlier this year and all of my 15 negative defaulted tradelines were removed. The only tradeline that wasn't removed at least removed all of the lates & updated to pays as agreed. ...... Not sure if it's different with different loan servicers, but I rehabbed with Allied Interstate & the loans were picked up by Great Lakes. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I love you, Equifax.

Oh wait, my brain just re-read a little bit better. Looks like they've backdated. AWESOME !! Yeah you should get a nice boost. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.