cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm Smitten! GW to Auto AND CC from Local CU - MY WISH IS GRANTED!

tag
CowboyWXYZ
Established Member

I'm Smitten! GW to Auto AND CC from Local CU - MY WISH IS GRANTED!

I sent a GW to my local credit union that carries my (closed) credit card and current automobile loan. I was honset and stated that I messed up. Truthfully, they are a really good credit union and I would like to do more business with them in the future. They have great rates and great service. I was sad that I tarnished our relationship....

Today I recieved an email from their credit bureau rep. (they have an in-house rep to specifically handle disputes and gw). They deleted ALL my lates from my automobile (I have 3) AND 10 of the 13 on the credit card.

I am uber grateful!!!! Thanks for all the advice... It's hard to learn from other people's mistakes... but I'm definetly learning from MINE!!!

Any thoughts on what kind of jump I may see? The credit card is closed and has been since last year. It had 13 lates total (7 -30 days, 4 - 60 days and 1 - 90 days) now it will be updated to 3 -30 days only. As per the auto I had 3 -30 days that will be updated to 0.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
rd2rebuilding
Valued Member

Re: I'm Smitten! GW to Auto AND CC from Local CU - MY WISH IS GRANTED!

congrats. you should see a nice bump. The 60 day lates are scored harsher, and that 90 day late is a major derogatory... good to be rid of them. 

Message 2 of 6
CowboyWXYZ
Established Member

Any thought on an actual numerical increase? 5 points? 20 points? Bazillion points?!
Message 3 of 6
CowboyWXYZ
Established Member

Bump?
Message 4 of 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

No idea as to the points, but I'm hoping for the bazillion!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 6
CowboyWXYZ
Established Member

Looks like the credit card has updated to reflect 10 less lates than before. That alone bumped me 14 points. Nice to be going in the right direction! I wont be able to pull credit again till mid July to see whats remaining... but the alerts seem to help (minus some details)....

Thanks to everyone that has offered and posted thier questions. Everything has helped tremendously in the last few months to be closer to both our goal and a more responsible credit future.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.