Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm bummed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm bummed

I had 2 collections accounts deleted and i thought that would raise my score quite a bit. It only raised it 3 pointsSmiley Sad
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: I'm bummed

That sucks...sorry. 

Is the delete showing up on all 3 reports & that's all they gave ya?  Maybe it was pretty old & that's what it's worth?  Not sure...

Message Edited by BungalowMo on 05-06-2008 06:01 PM
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BungalowMo wrote:
That sucks...sorry.
Is the delete showing up on all 3 reports & that's all they gave ya? Maybe it was pretty old & that's what it's worth? Not sure...

Message Edited by BungalowMo on 05-06-2008 06:01 PM

I've just gotten back dispute results from EX. One collection was from 2001 and the other one was actually an OC that got deleted. My EQ score went up 8 points today though. EX is 639, EQ 667, and TU 655 (but i haven't ran the current score since i am waiting for disputes to go through)
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow.. maybe i wont pay that american express collection that is past SOL and i owe 3800 on lol....

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah the OC was from 2003 but they went BK in 03. i never received any notice from them.......but, there is the Midland on the CR for the OC. I'm sending them a DV. I was just bummed...thought it would be higher.
Message 5 of 10
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Hey vesper...our scores are pretty close...wanna race?
Sort of like a "help-each-other-race-to-the-sevens"  Smiley Very Happy

Yours: EX is 639, EQ 667, and TU 655

Mine are below
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BungalowMo wrote:
Hey vesper...our scores are pretty close...wanna race?
Sort of like a "help-each-other-race-to-the-sevens" Smiley Very Happy
Yours: EX is 639, EQ 667, and TU 655
Mine are below

LOL!

Gosh, there is a difference between the FAKO and FICO! I have never ran the FAKO...don't want to get bummed further if they are way lower!
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have other collections remaining?

If so, you are less likely to see an increase when one is removed, especially an older one.

Even without more points, your CR looks much better with less collections, if you were to have a manual review.
Message 8 of 10
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Agree with Sidewinder. If there are other collections remaining that are newer, then you didn't get any increase for the collection going away. The eight points was likely from the OC going away. FICO reads one collection at a time, the most recent one, as that is the one hurting at the time. HTH.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's the Midland that is hurting my score. Have to send them the DV.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.