Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm done!!! I give up!!!

tag
nativenyer
Frequent Contributor

I'm done!!! I give up!!!

I hate EQ!!! 37 point DROP due to 3 old student loans, negative accounts, we're deleted. It's like being penalized for not retaining a negative account! I checked EQ's site this morning and discovered the decrease. It's so unfair! Meanwhile, when I check TU, my score has gone up as well as on EX's site. It just seems like EQ refuses to let you get ahead. I'm too frustrated to deal with this crap any more!!
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: I'm done!!! I give up!!!

It is possible that you might have been rebucketted. Don't give up. My score went up because of me cleaning up my credit reports now they went back down. I might have been rebucketted but highly doubt it cause i do have a bk 7 that won't fall off until March 14'. Keep your head up!!!!!

DaBears

Message 2 of 22
legacys7
Regular Contributor

Imo, the best thing that you can do is not get too focused on it. with so many reasons to why they have different scores, it can drive you nuts. just keep doing what you are doing and learn from others on what to do and not to do. that has been my experience, and it has been very helpful. 

Message 3 of 22
qd
Regular Contributor

@nativenyer wrote:
I hate EQ!!! 37 point DROP due to 3 old student loans, negative accounts, we're deleted. It's like being penalized for not retaining a negative account! I checked EQ's site this morning and discovered the decrease. It's so unfair! Meanwhile, when I check TU, my score has gone up as well as on EX's site. It just seems like EQ refuses to let you get ahead. I'm too frustrated to deal with this crap any more!!

When I first started working on cleaning up my credit, I was obsessed with my scores.  Even while making progress with the baddies on my report, my score didn't always reflect that.  It was agonizing sometimes, but now I realize my scores will always fluctuate...up and down...all the time...and there are just too many factors that go into it for me to obsess about it.  So now I worry about cleaning up the report and not worry so much about the score...it will come in time...don't give up.

Message 4 of 22
madmann26
Valued Contributor

@nativenyer wrote:

These all sound like FAKO scores to me. If so, don't put a lot of merit on them.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 5 of 22
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Don't put too much stock in fako scores.

Message 6 of 22
kjel
Established Contributor

Rebuilding is a roller coaster ride.

I started out in the 540-550 range back in November. As soon a I started tackling one item at a time including defaulted student loans I tanked down to 517. Every alert I got  from December-February was a drop in score. I wasn't going to be deterred and just stayed the course dealing with each item as I could. Sometimes you just have to think about your credit rebuilding journey not in terms of a score....

Focus on:

Resolving collections

Paying down credit cards

Making sure all your CRs are accurate

Paying bills on time

Getting a little savings together

The score will come. I'm now at 599 TU, 595 EX and this past week got a $250 CLI on one card and a new retail card with a $500 CL.

Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 7 of 22
nativenyer
Frequent Contributor

What is rebucketting? I'm unfamiliar with the term.

The drop came on EQ website so I'm sure it will reflect soon on myfico. That drop puts me back in the 400's. I climbed out of the high 300's and I'm just totally upset. I felt like I was on my way. I just had a GW removal and a dv letter led to another co being removed but no bump for that. It just seems like my credit will always be poor. I have six accounts in good standing but I guess it's not enough. I pay my credit card, student loans, car notes etc on time each month.

I'm just tired of the uphill battle.

Thanks everyone.
Message 8 of 22
madmann26
Valued Contributor

@nativenyer wrote:
What is rebucketting? I'm unfamiliar with the term.

The drop came on EQ website so I'm sure it will reflect soon on myfico. That drop puts me back in the 400's. I climbed out of the high 300's and I'm just totally upset. I felt like I was on my way. I just had a GW removal and a dv letter led to another co being removed but no bump for that. It just seems like my credit will always be poor. I have six accounts in good standing but I guess it's not enough. I pay my credit card, student loans, car notes etc on time each month.

I'm just tired of the uphill battle.

Thanks everyone.

That is a huge misnomer. The scores you get from the CRA's are not real scores and are to be only used to estimation/educating purposes.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 9 of 22
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I don't think you're understand the scoring system.  MyFico is the ONLY place you're going to get the true scores.  TU, EQ and Ex uses their own formulas to score.  

You've got no place to go but UP.  You don't trash your credit in a month and you cannot rebuild it in a month either.  If you don't keep it together, you'll forever be renting and paying exorbitant interest rates and have no useful credit.  But it's your choice to stay and fight or keep the covers over your head.  I recommend fighting.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.