Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm freaking out a bit!!!

tag
snowkitty
Established Contributor

I'm freaking out a bit!!!

So my credit has cleared from a bunch of baddies from 15 years ago and over the past few weeks, I have opened several different cc's to get my score heading upwards. Today I pulled my eq and tu credit reports and on the tu one, I saw a bunch of inquiries from rjm aquisitions. They have pulled my credit at least once a month for the past year and twice in the past two weeks. I don't know if they werea collection agency from many years ago but I suspect maybe so. Could they be lurking to drudge something up from 15 years ago?? Can they? I have not gotten any letters or calls from them so it totally took me by surprise. Why are they checking my credit so much? I know that nobody else can see it and it don't impact my score but I worry about them seeing new cc's being opened and trying to mess me up somehow with my credit and getting cli. Am I freaking for nothing???
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
armywifey85
Regular Contributor

Re: I'm freaking out a bit!!!

Keep watching them. If, they send you a letter, send them back a DV CMRRR within 30 days of receiving the letter. 

Message 2 of 14
AZHeather
Frequent Contributor

RJM is a notorious bad debt buyer.  They purchase really old, bad debts and try to get money from them.  They usually will lurk waiting for someone to be looking for an auto loan or a mortgage then throw the collection of the old debt on your report in hopes that you are not knowledgable and desperate to make it go away so that you can get your auto loan or mortgage; therefore willing to pay to get it removed.  They are the bottom feeders in the credit game.

If I were you, I would just keep a close eye on your credit.  Since you have recently gotten some cc's, they could see that as an opportunity to throw the collection on your report and try to "scare" you into paying them.  Just make sure that you know what it is that they are trying to collect (if they put a collection on your reports) so that you can dispute it if it is in fact past the collection period.

Message 3 of 14
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Is that a hard pull or a soft pull ??? It's 15 yearsshould have been off complete on yr report

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 4 of 14
snowkitty
Established Contributor

They are all soft pulls....there is a dozen pulls from the past year alone. I don't know for sure if they were a collector from that long ago. I have not had any open credit in the past 15 years except a car loan and that was paid perfectly so there is no way they have anything valid to report on me
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 5 of 14
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

@armywifey85 wrote:

Keep watching them. If, they send you a letter, send them back a DV CMRRR within 30 days of receiving the letter. 

+1

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 6 of 14
adavis425
Established Contributor

I had the same sort of thing happen to me just this summer except they eventually reported a deliquency.  The CA actually reported a delinquency on my report and my score dropped almost 100 points!! I think it dropped so much because they made a duplicate report.  I immediately disputed it with the CRA because the account was about 10 years old AND listed twice. I also sent a DV letter to the CA, but they never responded.  Well, they deleted one report immediately and about a month later the second was gone as well and my score went back up.  So I would definitely keep an eye on them to make sure nothing pops up and if it does, you can nip it in the bud. HTH.

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 7 of 14
calihlove75
Established Contributor

Don't lose any sleep over it. That same company has been softening me for two years or longer.  I have never received anything from them and they have never contacted me. I tried to copy and paste whats on my experian but the formatting is not right. Don't worry.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 8 of 14
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

One suggestion is to opt out with the CRAs if you haven't. Sometimes JDBs (junk debt buyers) will get info from CRAs when you start to rebuild, get new credit, etc. I would occasionally get an inq - sometimes even a HP- from CAs and JDBs. I actually found the forum because a JDB put an erroneous ca on my cr and I was looking for help.   When I first joined the forum, I learned about opting out and did so immediately. 

Here's the link: https://www.optoutprescreen.com/

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 9 of 14
severine
Contributor

Not to be a edited but how can you tell the difference between a hard pull and a soft one on your CR? Is it listed under "Credit Inquiries"?

Amex PR Gold NPSL | Amex BCP 16.5k| Amex Delta Gold Skymiles 14.9k | Amex BSP 5k | Discover 12.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred 11.9k | Chase Freedom 12k | Chase Sapphire Preferred 12k | US Bank Cash + Visa 13k | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Signature Visa 9.5k | M and T Bank Visa 10.9k | FICO TU 784 EQ 768 EX 784
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.